Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Mercury Meet - Photo Album

It was cold. Somewhere off the Bramble beacon SWMBO swapped the beany hat for the polar explorer version and donned full oilies. Even I (a hardy northener) was to be seen in fleece and oily trousers; it piped up a bit from due East on the way back!

۞

strakeryrius is offline Registered User

That's so weird as at the other end of the Solent Mrs Y was in her bikini mid-afternoon, and the kids were sunbathing on the foredeck.
    I'm far too old to know everything - I leave that to the kids.

One of those days, as soon as we got into Portsmouth we were all stripping off again and getting odd looks from people motoring down the harbour in shorts and T-shirts. Maybe it's just us! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
    ۞

the only possible explanation is that Mrs SY is a full blown member of the Leeds Night Club scene, and passed the genes onto the kids, or it was a lot warmer in the west of the Solent?

It went hot/cold all morning.

Finally I twigged that each time I took my jacket off, the clouds went in front of the sun, so I kept the jacket on from 14:00 onwards, and the rest of the crew were able to sunbathe. The wind dropped late afternoon for a very smooth 22kt return trip.

dv.

strakeryrius is offline Registered User

Actually she is a fully paid up member of the "If its not sunny I'm not coming" club as she feels the cold very keenly after her youth in Africa, so it must have been a localised thing. You can almost see the heat in my shots of Totland Bay bathed in sunshine.
    I'm far too old to know everything - I leave that to the kids.

She told me about her youth in Africa, and she's lived in more places there than most can claim.

Fascinating lady, very confident, and lovely as well. Well done to you for getting hold of her and keeping her!
    Don't let her see this! She'd probably kill me! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ouch! I look very ........pissed! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
    But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    Umberto Eco

http://www.wotyacht.co.ukStand out from the crowd!

Do you think Mrs Pugwash and JB would mind their pic on here?

after the pictures of me that have been posted on these forums, I don't thing anyone else can complain! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]