Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Has anyone come across this before?

will try this 2morrow,thanks for your advice.i will let you know how i get on.
    Thanks again
    andy

checked fuel line and no kinks found,someone has said maybe a sticking float in the carbs,do you think this is possible?

[ QUOTE ]
    sure its not the fuel line,

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure because you have watched the whole length personally whilst turning to starboard, to see if it straightens out, or becomes uncrushed, or unkinked, or whatever?

or are you just sure? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Narrowboating From Stretford!!

not sure that excess growth on hull would give the effect experienced by the OP, goes 23knots on a right turn, 12 knots straight or to left..

to the OP, do you have trim tabs fitted? (is one not working correctly?)

Has the Prop or Skeg been damaged?

Has the outboard been off the boat and then re-fitted a bit too far off centre....(although all single engined outboard boats should be mounted every so slightly off centre to counter act prop effect), but if too much might have this effect.

Sounds more like fueling issue... like everyone else has mentioned, but if you believe it not to be a kinked fuel supply pipe... is fuel clean, are you low on fuel. Have you a fuel filter with water separator? Does it need draining? I assume the engine rev's pick up mighty when on a right turn? Or is the engine just really struggling all the time apart from when turning to the right? If so is the boat incorrectly loaded? Is it listing too far to the right?

....or its might be an electrics issue... but I am going to have to think about that one as this is a bit unusual!

any of this helpful?.. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

All good comments and suggestions but I am going for the weight issue and standing by it!

Please report back on your findings (don't try it tonight though!)

ok,the engine has not been removed from the boat and there is no trim tabs fitted.I have 30l of fresh fuel in tank which was only bought yesterday.Will remove fuel filter 2morrow and clean.the do pick up loads when i turn right and then she takes off!I dont think the boat is incorrctly loaded but will also remove everything from the boat just to rule this out.

[ QUOTE ]
    All good comments and suggestions but I am going for the weight issue and standing by it!

Please report back on your findings (don't try it tonight though!)

[/ QUOTE ]

You never know, the OP may have a torch? ! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

sorry meant the revs do pick up loads.

As you turn? if yes they will do as the boat is climbing onto the plane.

[ QUOTE ]
    ok,the engine has not been removed from the boat and there is no trim tabs fitted.I have 30l of fresh fuel in tank which was only bought yesterday.Will remove fuel filter 2morrow and clean.the do pick up loads when i turn right and then she takes off!I dont think the boat is incorrctly loaded but will also remove everything from the boat just to rule this out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy..........good luck... the fact that the engine really picks up when on right lock does indicate an interruption of power when doing anything else apart from turning right...... whether that be fuel or electrics or simply a throttle linkage / cable issue. I would have a check on anything going to the engine!!