View Poll Results: Suffered other MAJOR problem … Mobo, loss of controls / Yacht, mast etc etc

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

61 42.07%
  • No

84 57.93%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beginings

Default Re: Beginings

A meeting to arrange a meeting, you haven't been in the corporate world too long by any chance [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'd like this to come into being, it's my wedding anni this weekend so can't sneak away.
    "Well, that's what it was bloody well designed to do, wasn't it?"
    Sir Frank Whittle

Well. It's all gone very quiet.

Vote for a date
    Another person's thoughts about you are outside of your jurisdiction.

Right time to get things back on track here i think, Lakys right, i have gone a bit quiet. He's also right that the date is the most important thing to consider. I have been procrastinating (admittedly) as i have invited a few people new to YBW to look at the forum and have been waiting to speak to them and see what they think. Im also hampered by the lack of a working gearbox in Solenette, so ill be coming by dingy i think. Been looking at Ray Rig last week and even when not full of boats it seems to have its fair share of road ruffians.
    My vote i think is High Wray, pending anything SaltyJohn comes up with.
    Aquaplane, your BBQ would be very helpful, and Pendle Cats, could you ask your Swimbo to put the oven on?
    Thanks, And fantastic to see so much interest, i think its gona be a good one, Matt
    I reject your reality, and substitute my own!

We can't count on Hill of Oaks. The senior management are away but the staff think it would be a non-starter.

[ QUOTE ]
    Been looking at Ray Rig last week and even when not full of boats it seems to have its fair share of road ruffians.

[/ QUOTE ]The Bangra Boys just about take over down there and it can seem a bit intimidating.
    The bay at High Wray used to be very popular with the water skiers. Land access is a bit of a walk, but parking at Wray Castle is good.

Stupidly I forgot about the spot I launch my dinghy when sailing on Windermere, the National Trust shoreline at Harrow Slack (West of Belle Isle).
    54°21'24.47"N 2°56'26.93"W

The Windermere Cruising Association use it for a BBQ day http://www.windermere-cruising.org/OPEN4.HTM

Car Parking and grassy banks just near the car ferry. About half a mile of shoreline with road access. Not sure if the NT need to give permission or not.

I have voted for the first W/E but any will do for us.

Harrow Slack is a good place too, I have only used it for a BBQ once when we came for the day by car but it's nice there.
    Bob.
    Any bull in this post may be composted.

I voted 18/19 but any w/e still ok.

Told SWMBO we'll be required to put a few buns in the oven [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    "Well, that's what it was bloody well designed to do, wasn't it?"
    Sir Frank Whittle

I've just spoken to Sandy at the Windermere Cruising Association and she said they use Harrow Slack quite often for BBQs. OK, some of their members have moorings over that side, but they land by tender, put up a gazebo and have a barbie
    They had one last Saturday and (WARNING) the mozzies were biting!

They did have the local plod call by and mention that they aren't supposed to have a beach fire (which they had also lit) but he didn't make them put it out.

They may be there on the 18th, but she wasn't bothered as there is plenty of space.

The car park is pay and display and about £4 I think (free for NT members). If you are launching a boat it's £3 or £2 for canoes.
    Usually you leave your trailer with the car at the launch and just pay for the boat. The warden will collect the money if he sees you and can be bothered.

So, Harrow Slack, 18 July.
    Is that a plan?
    Or a definite maybe?

I'm assuming it's a plan, but it's gone quiet again.

It seems we are there every W/E at the moment so it's just a case of BBQing there instead of at the Wardens for us.

Of course meeting up with forumites will be a big bonus.

What about the shared salad and puds?

I'll offer a bowl of pasta tarted up with bits of stuff to go with the cremated offerings to get the ball rolling, and the BBQ too obviously.
    Bob.
    Any bull in this post may be composted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast