Default Anybody want to sail Canaries, Madeira, Azores, UK, Kiel Canal Stockholm

<span style="color:blue"> Hi, I am just organising a gentle meandering voyage from Canaries to Stockholm with watering stops at Madeira, Azores, UK, Holland, Helgoland, the Kiel Canal and a few Swedish islands on route to Stockholm.
    Leave Canaries in 2 or 3 weeks time (early July) and should take about 7/8 weeks.
    Nice 45ft yacht, a Brohall 41 which was refurbished in 2002/3.
    Contact me for lots of pretty pictures.
    Crew need some sailing experience, must have good knowledge of Collision Regulations before we leave. They should be kindly folk willing to stand a watch, take turns preparing food and maintaining the boat who enjoy peace and harmony on the great ocean. I might even consider a dedicated cook if the right person showed up.
    Weather should be gentle until we reach UK and after that, it is anybody's guess.
    Small contribution required towards food etc etc.
    It will be a dry boat at sea and there will be a couple of qualifying passages for YM.
    If you are interested, please email me or send me a message.
    Details of my experience available on my website.

Brendan
    </span>
    [B]"The Boat Whisperer"[ /B]
    www.BrendanChandlerYachtDelivery.co.uk

Default Re: Anybody want to sail Canaries, Madeira, Azores, UK, Kiel Canal Stockholm

Hi Brendan.

Are you moving your own boat or are you seeking crew to assist a paid delivery? If it's a delivery, what is the position regards insurance for whoever is standing a watch in the event of an incident?
    ...A bad day at sea is always better than a good day in the office!....

Default Re: Anybody want to sail Canaries, Madeira, Azores, UK, Kiel Canal Stockholm

Hi CaptainMaggot,
    You may have to clarify the question if you really need a definitive answer.

As a Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute, qualified by examination as both an Associate of the Institute and as a Fellow with about 30 years of working actively in the business, I would say that the position is exactly the same either way.
    The insurers know the circumstances that the boat is being used for exactly and where. They are in full agreement with the use, the skipper and their crew requirements, should they express any, will be met to the letter.

BrendanChandler BSc FCII
    [B]"The Boat Whisperer"[ /B]
    www.BrendanChandlerYachtDelivery.co.uk

If you are interested in helping then fair question, however I suspect you are not. Why do you ask such a hostile questions when its none of your business anyway. If I choose to volunteer for this trip its between me and the owner.

Thatís what I like about this forum mostly great genuine people but in unfortunately a few to88ers as well.
    If you don't like something, change it.
    If you can't change it, change your attitude.
    Don't complain.

Maya Angelou - US author & poet (1928 - )

http://www.appletreebandb.co.uk
    http://www.bedandbreakfastprestwickayr.co.uk

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi Brendan.

Are you moving your own boat or are you seeking crew to assist a paid delivery? If it's a delivery, what is the position regards insurance for whoever is standing a watch in the event of an incident?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    I am just organising a gentle meandering voyage ....should take about 7/8 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I think your question has been answered.
    One hull good, two hulls better.