Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hello/Goodbye

wakeup is online now Registered User

Default Re: Hello/Goodbye

Bet you didn't put the flybridge cover on though? only half a job without it as I am sure you wouldn't leave your boat for a couple of weeks without the fly bridge cover on??

Wiggo is offline Registered User

More room to fit blue LEDs on the f/b, though, Roger. You must miss that, surely?
    The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, and is not preceded by a period of worry and doubt.
    <span style="color:blue">
    http://www.nereid-charter.com
    </span>

mainshiptom is offline Registered User

great boat , enjoy !

Fishing is my love as well and FB every time, no cover in sight at least ones that you have to remove? mine just fold away if you are too hot?

Tom

She looks a beauty Rob [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

What engine configuration did you opt for, ADaq41s ?

The ss looked good on the back of the lorry but best place for it [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Corniche's can be just as much fun [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

If you still miss the sports boat feel just stand up at the helm as you are cruising and get someone to throw buckets of salt water in your face [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

AdeOlly is online now Registered User

Congrats; lovely boat the Corniche. I know what you mean about covers; a right PITA on many. I've watched peeps battle for 15-20 minutes at the end of a hot day to re-assemble umpteen bits of canvas and that was one of the reasons we went for an HT as out old Sealine was a bit of a battle. I can put the canvas back up on ours in 2-3 minutes with no struggling or swearing. I seriously considered a Corniche last time around, but the kids scare us witless going up and down the f/b steps. Maybe when they're older...

Anyway, enjoy her!
    Adrian

Yep, agreed - always good to try everything, then you know what you really want. For me, we had the Targa 37 - thought it was great, tried the Princess 42 - couldn't get on with it, so now back with the Targas again, a lovely T40 this time. Yes I am loving it... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Rob - best of luck with the new boat, looks great.

Cheers
    Jimmy

PS Roger - I found the autopilot compass..!!

Well against your sound advice but the fact that the deal was a straight swap with me just having to stump up half the haulage costs.....

She is fitted with the 150hp 4cyl 31's on 290dp legs.........

OK OK I know what ur gonna say and fully accept that the 41's would provide more poke but she will cruise quite happily at 17knots and max out (not fully laden of course!) at about 24 with a clean bum! maybe cos the 31's are a lot lighter being only 4cyl's??

Anyway part of the deal was that it was fully rubbed back (hull) 2 coats of blakes blue, new anodes and leg antifoul and service, and full hull buff n polish!

Now if anyone here can recall what we paid for the SS back in Nov 08, plus we spent another few K getting her mint again, you would realise what a great deal we have had.....

And when it all boils down to it we are over the moon and SWMBO has never been so keen or interested in any previous boat and that's a bonus.

Rob. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    SWMBO has never been so keen or interested in any previous boat and that's a bonus.

Rob. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a result [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And my advice was to avoid shaft boats with smaller engines, your 290 duo props will not be so far off a twin 200 shaft version [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Nautorius is offline Registered User

Rob,

You got a good deal as I know what you paid for the SS!

I think the Corniche is a classic boat....used to go on one in the early 1990's.

Good luck and well done!

Paul [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Boating is the only thing that keeps me sane!

Phew!

Result indeed, thought I was in for a *******ing off you after the sound advice you gave...... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

PS Notice there is one which I think is exactly the same as ur's gone up for sale on Boats n Outboards 2day.