Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wink Best Anchor For Turkish Entry

Just wondered what the best anchor is for entering Turkey. My boat is over 10 tons.

Davy_S is offline Registered User

I think you will find that a Rusty Rocna with a bent tip is the norm.

Will I need an agent to purchase one?

Agent fees for anchoring are a complete rip-off and anybody who pays them a girls blouse. Real sailors do-it-themselves; nailing the chain to the seabed (after finding someone to type out the nails). It only takes 24 hours and is the best way of endearing yourself to your host nation. Of course this does not apply to boats under 6' long or with a displacement of under 10kg so real sailors just make up new details.
    I love deadlines. I especially love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Default Too little data

I think it depends on whether you will spend more than 186 days in the country in the 4th quarter of the year! Can't be definite but think I read something on here to that effect.
    blog at http://www.ronautica.co.uk

Chemists see the glass as half full, Chemical engineers see it as half empty - I go looking for a bar to fill it up

beachbum is offline Registered User

Either way, you'll be in contravention of Col Regs No. 417,236 section 12.3.7.5 sub-section 25-14/3 para 1.a (iii-b). Utterly irresponsible. Unless of course the vessel itself is nailed to the seabed, above the high-water mark, with nails purchased in Turkey or imported prior to 1st July 1907 or made of exempt material, and you have lowered your ensign at the same time as the nearest gulet, in which case it's fine.
    Nobody is perfect. I am nobody. Therefore I am perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbum View Post
    Unless of course the vessel itself is nailed to the seabed, above the high-water mark, with nails purchased in Turkey or imported prior to 1st July 1907 or made of exempt material, and you have lowered your ensign at the same time as the nearest gulet, in which case it's fine.
    Phew, thank god for that! I just couldn't remember whether it was sub-section 25-14/3 para 1.a (iii-b), or sub-section 25-14/3 para 1.a (iv-b)

Default possible solution

Perhaps this would be suitable:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-5-ton-spek-a...3%3A3|294%3A50

although I've heard these "modern designs" set a lot faster
    http://sunflythesabre.wordpress.com/ - simply messing about in boats.

Quote Originally Posted by demonboy View Post
    Just wondered what the best anchor is for entering Turkey. My boat is over 10 tons.
    Whatever you chose, why not have it made out of gold bullion, and kill two birds with one stone?
    Itis apis spotanda bigon etoo

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jhr View Post
    Whatever you chose, why not have it made out of gold bullion, and kill two birds with one stone?
    What, and have the anchor stolen and be arrested for killing the local wildlife?