Default Fuel Tank Targa 27

Hi, been away for some time this is my first post and looking for some help in tracking down the manufacturers of the fuel tank for a Fairline Targa 27 built in 1990.I have been told that they may have been based in Poole in Dorset.If not can anyone recommend someone to make one,the boat is moored in Chichestar.

Back in Poole, delivering boats for a living and also teaching for various companies in the area

I think you are looking for the tank company based on nuffield estate in Poole

The name of the company is usually on the id plate fixed to the top of the tank.

Hi

I believe the company you mentioned is called The Tank Company, online at www.oval316.co.uk.

Hi Gary

Bumped into Bettina Jane recently, who also needed a new tank, and ended up using The Tank Company in Poole. It transpires that it was they who made the original tank for Fairline, so I'd give them a go.

Also I've regularly noticed old tanks outside Chris Holman's, so that also could be a clue.

Hope all is well and you've not got 90 gallons of diesel sloshing atound your bilges.
    Last edited by Questor; 10-08-09 at 09:52.

Default Tanks

Hi, I happen to be the MD of The Tank Company. Yes we probably made the original tanks, we have now made about 32,000 since 1984.
    All of our tanks will have a name plate on the top with date of manufacture, test pressure and serial number.
    Give me a call on 01202 682830. Happy to chat about options.
    SIMON

Thanks for your replies,it seemes a new tank costs about the same as having your fuel cleaned.