Default Subscribed Threads

Please can we go back to the old system whereby you got notification of all posts in a subscribed thread, not just direct replies to your posts in that thread. It is spoiling my enjoyment of the forum because I lose track of what's happening on a particular thread and I'm sure it's one of the reasons that threads are petering out earlier than on the previous forum

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    Please can we go back to the old system whereby you got notification of all posts in a subscribed thread, not just direct replies to your posts in that thread. It is spoiling my enjoyment of the forum because I lose track of what's happening on a particular thread and I'm sure it's one of the reasons that threads are petering out earlier than on the previous forum
    Mike thi9s is just one of the settings. I get copies of every reply on a thread which I have made an entry. Th eold system, you only got a reply to your own posts and nothing else (I think)

I am more concerned when looking at the liniar mode (flat) that unless the poster has quoted the previous text, you have no idea to which post someone is replying - this is causing people sometimes to take offence to something meant for someone else!