mikef is offline Registered User

Default Subscribed Threads

Please can we go back to the old system whereby you got notification of all posts in a subscribed thread, not just direct replies to your posts in that thread. It is spoiling my enjoyment of the forum because I lose track of what's happening on a particular thread and I'm sure it's one of the reasons that threads are petering out earlier than on the previous forum

Chris_Robb is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    Please can we go back to the old system whereby you got notification of all posts in a subscribed thread, not just direct replies to your posts in that thread. It is spoiling my enjoyment of the forum because I lose track of what's happening on a particular thread and I'm sure it's one of the reasons that threads are petering out earlier than on the previous forum
    Mike thi9s is just one of the settings. I get copies of every reply on a thread which I have made an entry. Th eold system, you only got a reply to your own posts and nothing else (I think)

I am more concerned when looking at the liniar mode (flat) that unless the poster has quoted the previous text, you have no idea to which post someone is replying - this is causing people sometimes to take offence to something meant for someone else!