Hybrid View

Default Chartering in the Baltic

Does anyone have any experience of chartering in the Baltic? All and any advice / info greatfully received.

Refueler is offline Registered User

Depends what you want to do ....

There are fully kitted up Company's such as at Waarnemunde with Bavarias etc. - most are German / Swedish based so geographically may not be what you are looking for.

Once you get to Former Soviet areas - Baltic States - many private boats charter out with owner / skipper ... usually based on per hour or per day. But you can sort a longer period .....

It really does depend on where and what you want to do ...

It is a marvelous cruising area though - no tides to worry about ... cracking scenery / locations ....

Default Stockholm Archipelago

Our boat is in the Stockholm archipelago... Astonishing cruising ground.

Speak to Johan Broms at RTC about charters www.rtc.se

Geoff

The attached picture is of our boat in a natural harbour in the Archipelago called Säck (sairk).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by geoffcollins View Post
    Our boat is in the Stockholm archipelago... Astonishing cruising ground.

Speak to Johan Broms at RTC about charters www.rtc.se

Geoff

The attached picture is of our boat in a natural harbour in the Archipelago called Säck (sairk).
    My signature photos are Archipelago ... sunset crossing the baltic ... other is one of the most beautiful anchorages I have ever been lucky enough to be in ..

jenku is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Refueler View Post
    ... other is one of the most beautiful anchorages I have ever been lucky enough to be in ..
    '

Now don't you tell him where it is, if he likes Säck, he may stay there with all the other biggies, screaming children and teenage dinghy competitions...

Oh, but on the other hand, the one in you pic was awfully full this summer as well. Must be the recession, people didn't go foreign this summer with the currency being worthless and all...

Many thanks for that. I'd more or less discounted Sweden on the assumption that it'd be too expensive, but was surprised at the quotes on the website that you suggested; look about the same as the UK.
    Must say, the pictures people have posted have got me salivating!

jenku is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richgiddens View Post
    Many thanks for that. I'd more or less discounted Sweden on the assumption that it'd be too expensive, but was surprised at the quotes on the website that you suggested; look about the same as the UK.
    Must say, the pictures people have posted have got me salivating!
    I think that even if the charter rates would be higher you'd easily compensate that by not having to pay marina fees (if you stay away from marinas that is, which is no problem here).

Having been educated by Jenku and others in Sweden's Archipelago - I can honestly say - it's the best cruising ground ever. And the costs ? As Jenku says - stay away from the marina's and cost is minimal - tieing up to islands is generally free.

But one thing ... rubbish and effluent - not appreciated ... so keep to the rules and it can stay the beautiful unspoilt paradise it is.

No experience of chartering but seen a lot of them about. They're mostly Bavs/Benetaus & Hanses though I've seen HRs, and generally look in good order. As well as Warnemunde (nice place), Heiligenhafen is convenient for Danish waters and Greifswald (& I think Kroslin) convenient for Bornholm and Poland.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere