Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Default Re: Wauquiez Centurion 32

Hello All,

I am new to the forum and would appreciate your views on engine refits for the Centurion 32. I'll be looking at one for sale tomorrow (Aug 7th) in San Diego that has a 2006 Yanmar with about 350 hours on it (I believe). I've been hacking around the internet and it seems along the way I read that only specific engines will properly fit into this boat allowing proper alignment of engine, transmission and shaft? What would be a NOT so obvious sign all is not aligned properly? Secondly this particular Centurion is a 1970. I maybe a bit overloaded and misquoting having scoured the webs forums, blogs etc... but one thread involved a contributor mentioning mast compression possibly being a problem on some Centurion 32's and debate followed about cored deck / no cored decks on the boats. How likely is that an issue? What are some of the areas I should be especially keen to look into? I am very hopeful there are no major items with the boats as I really, really like what I have seen and learned so far about their history, beauty, and capabilities. Are there any live aboards on the forum that can share their experience with the boat? Thanks in advance. Tiemo

There seems to be a few Centurion owners monitoring this thread - here is a link to a question on the Boat Design Forum in the USA, asking where the yard number (I presume he means Hull Identification Number) is located?

https://www.boatdesign.net/threads/c...ocation.62598/

Were European builders using HIN's on the transom in 1973?

Quote Originally Posted by Bajansailor View Post
    There seems to be a few Centurion owners monitoring this thread - here is a link to a question on the Boat Design Forum in the USA, asking where the yard number (I presume he means Hull Identification Number) is located?

https://www.boatdesign.net/threads/c...ocation.62598/

Were European builders using HIN's on the transom in 1973?
    As far as I am aware my 1972 centurion does not have an identification number still visible although I have seen photos of other centurions will a little metal plaque with the hull number on it. And many owners do know their hull number so I presume they have one too.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456