Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    JohnTH is offline Registered User

Hi Puff etc

I like the pook of your head lining on your Centaur. What is it?

73s de
    Johnth

Quote Originally Posted by Sea_Spray View Post
    Thanks for the offer, but I've ordered one of these ebay remotes to see how good/cr*p they are...
    Have you checked the rating for it ? cannot see it stated anywhere.

Brian

maxi77 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by halcyon View Post
    Have you checked the rating for it ? cannot see it stated anywhere.

Brian
    Unlikely to be that much of a problem as you are only switching relays and that is what they are designed for. I would certainly have more care buying the relays themselves.
    Peter

I've got one of those from ebay - works fine. Reasonably splash proof - but certainly not waterproof.

Has worked fine for the last 2 years

P.S. I do have deck mounted foot switches in the bow - but seeing as I sail shorthanded a lot - the wireless remote gets most of the use

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTH View Post
    Hi Puff etc

I like the pook of your head lining on your Centaur. What is it?

73s de
    Johnth
    It's non-woven carpeting as used on the insides of 'cheap' speedboats.

Basically, you glue strips of wood directly to the fibreglass using thickened resin and short self-tappers. The panels are 3mm ordinary plywood that were given several coats of cheap acrylic 'varnish' (Burgess, used simply because it was available due to a miscalculation at work, many years ago: hence, cheap) applied wet-on-wet. The panels were cut to fit on the wooden strips, the two at the side overlapping the central one. The carpeting is stuck to the panels with impact adhesive, the type that is used for Formica or similar laminates. A two-inch excess allows the fabric to be taken round to cover the edges and is also stuck with the Formica adhesive.

The panels are fixed to the wooden strips with stainless self-tappers . The pozidrive / Phillips countersunk heads blend quite well into the grey carpeting. They are very thin screws because there are so many of them - one every five inches or so - and the panels are not heavy.

I did the work some nine years ago. There are more photos on the Westerly Owners Yahoo group, a mine of knowledge on just about anything to do with Westerly boats. PM if you need more information.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wester...98678/pic/list

JohnTH is offline Registered User

Great, I have got the picture from the post and, from your description, should be able to sort something out.

Many thanks, I expect that I should join the rest of the Westerly clan sometime.

73s de
    Johnth

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTH View Post
    Great, I have got the picture from the post and, from your description, should be able to sort something out.

Many thanks, I expect that I should join the rest of the Westerly clan sometime.

73s de
    Johnth

Hawke House maine sell that carpet and the spray adhesive that actually works.
    I did my bulkhead with it in one piece.