Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,458

    Default Crew: Any chance of a sail this weekend?

    My sail this weekend's been called off due to the forecast.

    Personally, I'm still quite keen to get out at some point.

    Anyone going out in the Solent area this weekend and willing to take an extra crew member?

    I'm house trained, easy going, cheerful, capable and happy to share costs, etc.

    Will check back here & E-mail address in profile.

  2. #2
    Viking is offline Registered User
    Location : Ålesund, Norway.
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    1,022

    Default

    OK! If you can make it! we leave 16.00 today for the weekend. Depart Nørvevika båthavn Ålesund Norway.
    Bring something warm, temp -7 degrees!
    Oh bring some swimming gear, as we are going swimming! Well it is sunny!
    Last edited by Viking; 13-11-09 at 09:12.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    OK! If you can make it! we leave 16.00 today for the weekend. Depart Nørvevika båthavn Ålesund Norway.
    Bring something warm, temp -7 degrees!
    Oh bring some swimming gear, as we are going swimming! Well it is sunny!
    :-)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    8,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMarkMark View Post
    My sail this weekend's been called off due to the forecast.
    Not without good reason


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,904

    Default

    yes we depart today friday 13th.... need to test the new light weight kite out !

    have you actually looked at the weather yourself ??? let us know what it's like should be good in the western solent with the spring tide !
    Last edited by AIDY; 13-11-09 at 10:14.

  6. #6
    Scotty_Tradewind's Avatar
    Scotty_Tradewind is offline Registered User
    Location : Me: South Oxfordshire. Boat: Portsmouth harbour, Wicormarine
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,576

    Default

    Well I went out last Saturday with 4 mates... 'Dads Army' somebody at the boatyard called us, for the youngest was mid forties and the eldest seventy three.
    If only we had had the same weather forecast then it may have been far more interesting for the last 'bash' of the season.
    Mind you, being in a Twister gives you the edge over a caravan in wind over tide F7 even if you do get a bit wet :-)

    Sadly the sails etc have all been taken off so I can't oblige this w/e
    Last edited by Scotty_Tradewind; 13-11-09 at 10:27.
    You never get to where you want to go if you only travel on sunny days.

  7. #7
    25931's Avatar
    25931 is offline Registered User
    Location : Portugal-Algarve
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Fly down to Faro (2-3 hrs) you can sleep on board.
    Forecast force 3, air temp 22º.
    Jim

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    4,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMarkMark View Post
    My sail this weekend's been called off due to the forecast.

    Personally, I'm still quite keen to get out at some point.

    Anyone going out.....
    Well I am going to France tonight......though it is on the Brittany Ferry.
    It has been raining steadily overnight in Plymouth and it is ominously quiet. May not even make it on the steamer.

    PS. Brittany Ferries just rang, overnight ferry cancelled.
    Last edited by doug748; 13-11-09 at 10:32. Reason: PS

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMarkMark View Post
    Personally, I'm still quite keen to get out at some point.

    Anyone going out in the Solent area this weekend and willing to take an extra crew member?
    Can you run bow on a race boat?
    You never know, I might be right!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flaming View Post
    Can you run bow on a race boat?
    I have done foredeck in the past but not much recently. (This year only 3 times racing at very modest club level.)

    However, firstly, if the weather comes as forecast I'd prefer not to be ****ing around with a kite tomorrow, certainly not in the morning. Maybe Sunday. Secondly, if you're looking for some kind of ringer wildcard for serious racing I don't think I'm your man!

    If there's an offer I'll certainly come along.

    PS: Also my oilies aren't very stylish!
    Last edited by Mark-1; 13-11-09 at 11:11. Reason: added PS

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •