Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Philiz is offline Registered User

Default Anyone about to buy a dehumidifier?

I've just bought a Meaco DD122 direct from Meaco for 149.99. I've been in one of the large B & Q stores today and they have exactly the same machine for sale under their own brand name for 99.99. Bummer!

So, if you're thinking of getting one, get it from B & Q and save yerself 50 beer tokens!

Incidentally, mine's branded as Prem-I-Air although it came direct from Meaco.
    'I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered! My life is my own!'

As I have said in earlier post. My B & Q one caught alight and if I had not been there just imagine what could have happened

Quote Originally Posted by hbp47 View Post
    As I have said in earlier post. My B & Q one caught alight and if I had not been there just imagine what could have happened
    Was it the same model? The Meaco one is the most recommended and the B & Q one I'm talking about is exactly the same, just badged differently.
    'I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered! My life is my own!'

Quote Originally Posted by Philiz View Post
    I've just bought a Meaco DD122 direct from Meaco for 149.99. I've been in one of the large B & Q stores today and they have exactly the same machine for sale under their own brand name for 99.99. Bummer!

So, if you're thinking of getting one, get it from B & Q and save yerself 50 beer tokens!

Incidentally, mine's branded as Prem-I-Air although it came direct from Meaco.

Before you all rush out to B&Q, it is not unknown for some retailers to get re-badged or exclusive items built to a price using different (lower quality) components.
    Not saying this is the case here, but it does happen.
    Do your research first - if the product has exactly the same model number you are probably fairly safe.
    Seamaster30 (Was willson)

thejonesey is offline Registered User

FWIW I bought a desiccant dehumidifier from Boatsheen (150) after reading previous threads. It is small, cheap to run and restarts if the power goes off/ put on a timer. Very pleased with it so far and would highly recommend.
    There is absolutely nothing half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.

Quote Originally Posted by thejonesey View Post
    FWIW I bought a desiccant dehumidifier from Boatsheen (150) after reading previous threads. It is small, cheap to run and restarts if the power goes off/ put on a timer. Very pleased with it so far and would highly recommend.
    Yes, that's the same one I have.

The one at B & Q looks identical to mine but it has the 'Airforce' logo. Although it's fair to say I don't know the internals are the same.
    Worth checking out though if you're in the market for one.

nonitoo is offline Registered User

My Meaco unit is working beautifully and the boat inside is delightfully dry and warm. It drains into the sink and cuts in and out as the sensor dictates.

The best 150 I have spent in ages.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Philiz View Post
    Yes, that's the same one I have.

The one at B & Q looks identical to mine but it has the 'Airforce' logo. Although it's fair to say I don't know the internals are the same.
    Worth checking out though if you're in the market for one.
    Thanks for the advice, I am in the market for one, certainly can see the Desiccant Dehumidifier type is the one to go for, I have looked at the B&Q website, they don't list it there as far as i can see....I guess a trip over to B&Q is the thing to do!!

neale is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly625 View Post
    Thanks for the advice, I am in the market for one, certainly can see the Desiccant Dehumidifier type is the one to go for, I have looked at the B&Q website, they don't list it there as far as i can see....I guess a trip over to B&Q is the thing to do!!
    As well as not being online I have visited 2 different B&Qs, 1 warehouse and 1 supercentre, and neither had them.

I think it may be a local offer.

Quote Originally Posted by neale View Post
    As well as not being online I have visited 2 different B&Qs, 1 warehouse and 1 supercentre, and neither had them.

I think it may be a local offer.

....great....

..........northerners always get the good deals! (runing for cover!)