Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Pinta Autopilot. Owners/Maintenance Manual

Copy required of operating and maintenance manual for elderly Pinta Autopilot.

Wink PINTA.

I know it's nearly a year since your posting but I have a manual for the Pinta Automatic Helmsman. I have PM you also so If you still want one I can copy mine for you. Chris.
    c

Default .pdf Copy

Hi

We have the Full manual and drgs for the Pinta as fitted on a 1972 Seadog

PM me if you would like a .pdf copy

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by cowpat View Post
    I know it's nearly a year since your posting but I have a manual for the Pinta Automatic Helmsman. I have PM you also so If you still want one I can copy mine for you. Chris.
    dont suppose you could let this old bugger have the Pinta autohelm info , brought my 50ft from Cowes to Liverpool without autohelm -- got the drive / motor box with chain drive to the wheel but no elecs but no idea how to interface the Garmin with the pinta thanks John

Default Garmin Interface ?

Sorry the Pinta predates GPS ( and maybe even stone axes).

The pinta has its own Compass (the thing in a big round top metal housing) and is an electromechanical machine not compatible with modern electronics.

If you could find an electronics wiz who could design a servo control to interface with a GPS you might manage to use the Pinta driver motor

Realy only two options 1) find a working Pinta kit and install the parts you are missing or 2) get a modern device

Good luck

Smile PINTA

Quote Originally Posted by oilgently View Post
    dont suppose you could let this old bugger have the Pinta autohelm info , brought my 50ft from Cowes to Liverpool without autohelm -- got the drive / motor box with chain drive to the wheel but no elecs but no idea how to interface the Garmin with the pinta thanks John
    Hi John,
    I have the General Description only for the type 6 Pinta (11 pages) But no wiring diagrams.
    seadog30 Phil says he has full manual and drgs. I would like a wiring diagram so will private message him. If you do want a copy of the G.D. as mentioned let us know. Hovever, I think there were several different types but they all followed a generslly similar design of briefly (but not completly):- magnrtic compas card with light holes and light sensitive cells working firstly a transistor relay the output of which is then fed to power relays to work the motor. Feedback to the compas is via a flexable cable working against the turning of the boat. The motor over run current is disapated as heat in the brake resistors on the front of the control unit.
    Very sophisticated,complex, reliable, and lasting equipment.
    I wonder if it is appreciated how brilliant British electrical/electronic design and manufacture once were.??? .....Chris.
    c

Default Pinta Autopilot

Hello Chris,
    I would greatly appreciate any information on the Pinta Helmsman.
    John Stark

Default Pinta Automatic Helm.

Quote Originally Posted by johnjstark View Post
    Hello Chris,
    I would greatly appreciate any information on the Pinta Helmsman.
    John Stark
    Hi John,
    I sent a P.M.to you last week. If you would like to email me your email address I can send the document to you direct. Chris.
    c

Hi John,
    I sent a P.M.to you last week. If you would like to email me your email address I can send the document to you direct. Chris.
    Hello Chris,
    That was very good of you to reply so quickly.
    Our Pinta Autopilot is fitted to 1937 Saunders-Roe cruiser, any information on this at all would be gratefully received.
    My e-mail address is johnjstark@hotmail.co.uk
    Thank you for going to the bother.
    Best regards,
    John

Hi Guys - I am just about to acquire a Fairey swordsman (with whitlock steering) which seems to have an ancient Pinta automatic helmsman and I'd be extremely grateful for any info, manuals, wiring diagrams people would be preferred to offer.
    My email is martin.mayhead@gmail.com
    Thx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast