Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Talulah is offline Registered User

Default Kings Head - Lymington :-(

Don't order anything with 'hand cut chips'. They're awful.
    Don't order the 'Steak & Ale' pie. Not one piece of meat inside it. It's more like vegetable stew.
    'Half shoulder of lamb' to be recommended.
    Got a refund on the pie and it was the worst ever anywhere.
    Some may say "I told you so." but where is the place to take crew in Lymington?

During the day I usually use the Angel - straight forward pub food.

Don't bother in the evening though - they try to become a restaurant and don't quite make it.
    Warning - Internet forums may contain nuts

Last time we had food at the Kings Head (a while ago now) also complained and sent
    back. Never eaten in there since, but that said, it's probably my favourite drinking pub in Lymington.

For breakfasts, lunches and good specials you won't beat Fine Food 4 Sail in Berthon opposite the Force 4 chandlery. Also a great summer evening venue on Fridays when Dave lights the BBQ.

We used to enjoy the Lal Qullia Indian Restaurant, 135 High Street, Lymington - quite a cut above the average Indian we thought - on your right just a few shops up from the bottom of the High Street coming from the quay.
    Samphire Owners Association
    http://www.samphireyachts.org

Isnt "the ship" a good pub by the shopping village???

I have been to the Mayflower (near to LTSC) a few times on visits to high latitudes, and I always thought the nosh there was pretty good - and they have draft Ringwood on tap.......

freebird1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bajansailor View Post
    I have been to the Mayflower (near to LTSC) a few times on visits to high latitudes, and I always thought the nosh there was pretty good - and they have draft Ringwood on tap.......
    Yes food at the Mayflower has been particularly good this season. I like the King's Head for beer and so far have not been disappointed with the food, so maybe they were having a bad day. The Ship has changed somewhat over the years and I didn't go much on it. They are serving 'pretty' food, not a plateful of nosh, along with rubbish beer.

The Angel I think is very ordinary pub grub, but knowing this beforehand, I was not disappointed with the meal we had there in April.
    Neil G
    KADEENA

Seajet is online now Registered User

Beware the yobbo problem on the town quay, I was attacked ( beer thrown over me ) on a late night when using the loos, as usual with cowards they were 5 to 1 and sped off in a car.

I agree about the Indian restaraunt on the right of the high street as one goes up though, possibly the best I've ever tried; and I've tried a few on BAe expenses !

If one goes further up to the top of the street and to the right, the 'Black Cat' pub can be interesting for architectural design and crumpet reasons, though I'm told I am too old even for window shopping now.
    Last edited by Seajet; 02-10-10 at 15:46.

Tom Price is offline Registered User

[QUOTE] Beware the yobbo problem on the town quay [QUOTE]

The black-headed gulls are far worse!

Went to kings head fri night for a drink as it was the only pub we could find open after 11, had food in there back in may and was ok, went to Lal Qullia thurs eve and Mayflower fri and sat eve all was good
    Last edited by aquapower; 01-11-10 at 22:27. Reason: bad spelling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast