Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Would The RNLI LikeTo Comment Please? Re: Should Inspectors of The R.N.L.I. Be Accountable?

Dear BrendanS,

Thank you for your response. I don't know you right? So, how would it sit with you if I came back at you right now AFTER having investigated you, your circumstances or your situation?

Please explain how you believe and accept that 'personal investigations' carried out by RNLI, Divisional Inspectors of Lifeboats IS a good use of public funds, and further more, why is it necessary?

Regards,

Noah.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Default Hang on

YOU started asking the awkward questions
    maybe they were concerend as to why someone should out the blue start asking what may appear to them odd questions and decided to

but never mind that
    have they got the resources to answer all queries
    prob not

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>
    Remember. People only go to their MP when they have run out of anything practical to do.

hlb is offline Registered User

Default Would The RNLI LikeTo Comment Please? Re: Should Inspectors of The R.N.L.I. Be Accountable?

Well. Put it this way. If I was doing a job and some one asked a few questions. I would gladly explain. But if they carried on and wanted to know every detail of my work. I would tell them to................... First word has four letters and the second two.

<hr width=100% size=1> Haydn

"...and the second two"

Is that HLB spelling? [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/forbsie?&page=1>My Project</A>

Default Not Suprised

Iam not suprised the answer was a bit hostile and Iam not suprised they havent made any futher comment .I would think they have better things to do with time and funds than answer silly questions.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Uuups! Three.

Gunfleet is offline Registered User

Default Re: Not Suprised

Maybe Noah is wondering whether the crane was rated for the job, in which case it wouldn't be such a silly question! Or maybe he's a crackpot trawling. It's in the nature of this medium we'll never know the answer for sure.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Maybe he's a failed train spotter!!

"Maybe Noah is wondering whether the crane was rated for the job". Well if it had lifted the boat out and was operated by a yard or crane company, then they would have checked before lifting it. So seeing as it was out, it had been lifted. It don't take Sherlock to work that one out.

<hr width=100% size=1>

CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well, at last we have got a response, you cheeky man, a train spotter!!! Okay I admit I fell of the chair with this one.......but can we try this one again please?

You or I, as individuals have the automatic right to tell people to NAFF OFF if we do not like being asked questions. True.

However if an individual is in the employ of an organisation, which actively encourages questioning and is accordingly asked a few questions, I believe it would be their duty to answer, irrespective of their own personal feelings or views, about the question.

From my experience, people who do not like questions fall into certain catergories.

1. They ask very few questions in life themselves. Of course carrots have always been orange!

2. They do not want to incriminate themselves or the organisation they work for. (it might even end up with getting the sack!)

3. They, or their organisation/ employer do not accept the belief of open accountability.

When this Divisional Inspector of Lifeboats replied to my questions (which were not 'detailed' questions, "what type boat, what size crane?) in a hostile manner, and passed comments about my personal circumstances, without me having provided him any details of such, I kindly suggest it is HE who brings the office to which he serves, and The RNLI (and its fine reputation) into disrepute.

The notion put forward that for the RNLI to answer silly questions is a waste of public money is quite stupid in itself. Just who exactly would decide what a 'silly' question is? I often incorporate a days' outing with our children to the local RNLI station. Each time, there comes a new question and I can not imagine the day when me or my children will be told, "nope, not answering, 'cause that's a silly question!"

On this same issue of costs, spare a thought for the countless shouts which have been made by the RNLI to rescue the people who obviously have not asked any questions about saftey provision, BEFORE setting off into the high seas. How much does this recklessness cost the RNLI? Or is this a silly question?

The fact is, 'silly' questions are a part of life, just as questioning, in itself, is too. If you are not interested in a debate, even if, it's just for the sake of it, then why bother saying or doing anything at all? This debate is not just for the sake of it. I am thinking of the reputation of the RNLI.

The RNLI should be accountable and open to public scrutiny, YES or NO? When people have decided which answer they prefer to go with, then perhaps they will be asked a question as to why they made their particular choice........but I suspect the people who decide NO, would retort, "that's a silly question and I am not going to answer it."

I still have very good reasons for my original question. This train is leaving the platform, ................. to be continued perhaps?

Regards,

Noah

<hr width=100% size=1>