Default What are these?

What is this?

And what is this?

Quote Originally Posted by mick View Post
    What is this?

And what is this?
    spinnaker sheet block tang
    12v continental socket i have 3 o/b
    Last edited by sailorman; 28-01-10 at 20:58.
    I may be wrong but not always

Quote Originally Posted by sailorman View Post
    spinnaker sheet block tang
    12v continental socket i have 3 o/b
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mick View Post
    Thank you.
    if i remember i will take a photo of the plug tomorrow & post it

Wunja is offline Registered User

if i remember i will take a photo of the plug tomorrow & post it
    Vince
    Dutch chapter of the East Coast Forum _/)_*_

Quote Originally Posted by VinceHall View Post
    thats it Vince

And what is this?
    [/QUOTE]

12volt DIN socket,used on most European Boats,Better that the UK type Cigar lighter socket the plugs are quite easy to come by.
    Never Argue With An Idiot,They Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience

William_H is offline Registered User

Default Spin sheet block tang

Spinacker sheets either sheet (or brace) go from the corners of the spin to a point well aft on the gunwhale.
    This enables the spin to inflate and so extend sideways beyond the gunwhale when running square to the wind. Tweekers are often used and these are blocks that the spin sheet (when a brace) run through on the end of a line going through another block near the bow and also on the gunwhale. So pull the tweeker tight pulls the block that the spin sheet (brace) goes through, down to the gunwhale but much further forward. This can be desirable to hold the spin pole end down and also to stop the spin swinging from side to side.
    This last known as the death rolls.
    I take it you havn't explored the spinnacker thing. It can be a whole new world of terror or fun. good luck olewill

PS the spin has 2 sheets on it (sometimes 4) one sheet becomes by name the brace when it is on the pole and to windward. The leeward one is called the sheet. When you gybe they swap names and roles.

Quote Originally Posted by William_H View Post
    Spinacker sheets either sheet (or brace) go from the corners of the spin to a point well aft on the gunwhale.
    This enables the spin to inflate and so extend sideways beyond the gunwhale when running square to the wind. Tweekers are often used and these are blocks that the spin sheet (when a brace) run through on the end of a line going through another block near the bow and also on the gunwhale. So pull the tweeker tight pulls the block that the spin sheet (brace) goes through, down to the gunwhale but much further forward. This can be desirable to hold the spin pole end down and also to stop the spin swinging from side to side.
    This last known as the death rolls.
    I take it you havn't explored the spinnacker thing. It can be a whole new world of terror or fun. good luck olewill

PS the spin has 2 sheets on it (sometimes 4) one sheet becomes by name the brace when it is on the pole and to windward. The leeward one is called the sheet. When you gybe they swap names and roles.
    2 x sheets
    2 x guys
    never 4 x sheets

William_H is offline Registered User

Default The languagee barrier

2 x sheets
    2 x guys
    never 4 x sheets
    guys or braces all the same to me. Either 2 sheets one of which becomes a guy (or brace) or for big kids doing dip pole gybes a sheet and a guy (brace) on each corner. Funny I am down to teach spinackers sat week I must remember alternative names
    Actually it is kind of fun. I have a tiny spin to use. tie the boat up to the club jetty stern to wind with a stout springer and hoist spin customers on the jetty and on the foredeck do it or watch. Last time we could even get gybes in. olewill