Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Default Re: Drying legs - practical in fin keeler ?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostlymoron View Post
    That statement is untrue. See my earlier post about the Fisher 25.
    It is a worse situation than a bilge keeler which can only sink the depth of the keel and will bob up again when the tide returns.
    A long keeler like mine can also only sink to the depth of the keel similarly and incidentally I have spent a few nights on my ear as it were drying out in some of the Bristol Channel uneven mud spots in our bilge keeler. Failure to use equipment properly in a critical situation is not a defect in the equipment or concept.

Are you sure the Fisher 25 that fell over was using YachtLeg Company legs? Surely if that was the case they would have at least grumbled to YL Company about the vulnerability and they would not clearly claim that their legs never resulted in such failure?

Im an engineer, I am suspicious by training.
    A boat is for going places

I'm pretty sure they were yacht legs with square feet on the ends. The boat was at Shell island and the boat owner was known as 'Zoomer'.
    Quote Originally Posted by vyv_cox View Post
    You didn't actually say they were Yacht Legs. The feet on YL are quite large and it would be unusual for them to sink further than the keel.

I'm also a chartered engineer and rely on evidence. The Fisher 25 immediately moved from a drying mooring to a deep water one at Porth Madog because of the incident.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmanofthehills View Post
    A long keeler like mine can also only sink to the depth of the keel similarly and incidentally I have spent a few nights on my ear as it were drying out in some of the Bristol Channel uneven mud spots in our bilge keeler. Failure to use equipment properly in a critical situation is not a defect in the equipment or concept.

Are you sure the Fisher 25 that fell over was using YachtLeg Company legs? Surely if that was the case they would have at least grumbled to YL Company about the vulnerability and they would not clearly claim that their legs never resulted in such failure?

Im an engineer, I am suspicious by training.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456