Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Williams 285 Ski Rib 2 stroke engine

Does anyone know of a guru/expert/service company that is good with the engine fitted to my Williams 285 it is made by a company called 2 stroke international in Beaufort SC USA the model is a 690L-70 3 cylinder. Williams factory and service agents don't want to know it.

Kawasaki is offline Registered User

These engines are built in South Carolina
    (843) 846 2167.

There is a Firm on the Solent if I remember, who service them.

Had some tips off them when I was given one to service a while back
    Can't remember their name

But I have their service dept No in me diary!

01489 556800.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawasaki View Post
    These engines are built in South Carolina
    (843) 846 2167.

There is a Firm on the Solent if I remember, who service them.

Had some tips off them when I was given one to service a while back
    Can't remember their name

But I have their service dept No in me diary!

01489 556800.
    That's the phone number for Rib Shop:

www.rib-shop.co.uk

Cheers
    Jimmy

The only thing I know about Williams jet ribs is great concept, sold loads to super yachts where they can nestle in their transom garages, innovative british company....but used c**p engines....for that reason I believe they have now changed their engine supplier? But that leaves all the old ones out there missing and smoking...

...am I wrong?

There were some Seadoos in the early '00's that had the same engine (2SI, US) and pump(Korean if I remember correctly). I have managed to get parts and serviced them myself from a local Seadoo service place.
    The main problem with the 2SI engine is you can't flush it out after use to get rid of all the salt water in the cooling system (initially tried it on mine and filled the sump with fresh water....).
    Last edited by jparham; 02-02-10 at 22:01.

Thanks so much for the info I'll give them a call

I had the same problem when I tried to flush mine the only way to get over it is to diconnect the hose whilst the engine is still running until it stops pumping out water as there is no impeller to damage, and the negine does not get that hot this practice should not cause too many problems

no your not I just hope the new 4 stroke engines are better, what really annoys me is that Williams just don't want to know theses models, mine was only 18 months old when I needed a new starter and was told that they did not support the 2 stroke engines anymore

The starter's a bit dippy on mine too. it's got an unusual design of how the carbon brushes are positioned... big hammer helps.
    There's a whole story behind how Sealine started the SX70, then it became the Williams, but suffice to say, there weren't any spares around...

The new 4 stroke Williams seem ok at the moment but can't help thinking that there may be trouble ahead!