Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Olympic Air Athens-Preveza flights scrapped?

We have just had an email from ebookers telling us our flight from Athens to Preveza (Olympic Air flight OA 622) has been cancelled; I have tried to find a flight on a different day, but to no avail; So to all youse lot in the Aktio boatyards, who were planning on using this service: double & treble-check, because it doesn't look as though it will be operating in the near future, following the 'restructuring' of Olympic.
    If anyone has any more up-to-date/constructive information, please let us know!
    Thanks!
    P.S.: Aegean don't seem to fly to Preveza, only to Kef, Corfu, or Ioannina: we might as well catch the coach from Kifissou bus station...
    Last edited by lille_bee; 10-02-10 at 21:56.

CharlesSwallow is offline Registered User

Default You don't have much luck with airlines, do you!

Quote Originally Posted by lille_bee View Post
    We have just had an email from ebookers telling us our flight from Athens to Preveza (Olympic Air flight OA 622) has been cancelled; I have tried to find a flight on a different day, but to no avail; So to all youse lot in the Aktio boatyards, who were planning on using this service: double & treble-check, because it doesn't look as though it will be operating in the near future, following the 'restructuring' of Olympic.
    Thanks!
    I remember telling you in Poros (or was it VAthi Meg.) about Excel going under. Look at what Aegean has to offer. Earlier this year, logging on to Olympic re-directed you to that airline's website. I couldn't actually find flights to Aktion in the winter but then I wasn't looking too hard as we keep the boat in Corfu. They may re-introduce them post-may 2010, the intelligence goes. I'm off to Corfu, via Athens on Saturday.

Chas

Quote Originally Posted by lille_bee View Post
    Thanks!
    They may have just cancelled this flight ( which they often do when they do not have many passengers!!)

Remember meeting a couple at Athens off off the midday Easy Jet flight , we were driving to Aktio after picking up our hire car and they were waiting until about 4.00 pm to fly to Aktio. We offered them a lift but they said they would be there by 5.00pm so we would see them in the yard.
    We arrived at 6.00pm, their flight was cancelled so they arrived over 24 hrs later. I never trusted Olympic after that.

BobnLesley is offline Registered User

Is this for a flight in the next day or so?

If yes, the cancellation may be tied in with the Industrial Action going off in Greece this week - I heard a radio item last night commenting that along with Greece's Public Sector Workers going on strike, the Olympic Airline Staff are too; something to do with the Govt. reneging of previously agreed redundancy etc agreements relating to the reorganisation of Olympic.
    I chose the road less travelled, now where the hell am I?

affinite is offline Registered User

Default Fingers crossed

Thx for the heads up.
    We are booked on that flight at beginning of Easter.
    So far no cancellation emails received.

Default The chicken bus timetable

If we were only 1 or 2 days before departure we could understand a cancellation for "lack of passenger" reasons but over three weeks to go ???? even the Greeks should be able to sell some tickets in that time. It just means that we are stuck with the chicken bus from Athens to Preveza, much better now that the bridge trims the time.

Does anyone have DEFINITE times of the Athens buses. All we can find is a 1700 hrs and a 2000 hrs out of Kiffisou Bus Station for Preveza. As we only land, in Athens, at 1500 hrs we would be lucky to get the first one.

Happy sailing

Davy_S is offline Registered User

I only add this as a caution! I am sure Charles knows this, as he travels out here a lot. We on the islands use Olympic, or used to! they have lost the luggage of five friends we know of, they do not give a (****) If you can use Agean airlines, please do so, their service has proved to be exellent, they have won the Airline of the year, and well deserved IMHO. good luck!

Default What date?

We're booked on a flight in May. Nothing heard re the flight being cancelled (yet!!). What date are you travelling?

bryantee is offline Registered User

Default buses to prevessa/lefkada.

the service is fairly reliable. ktel has the timings. we use the bus three or four times a year, when we fly in from India we usually get the 1430 to lefkas. we have been waitlisted once, we went and checked and the prevessa. bus leaves at 1700. a good backup. we have greek friends that usually can pre book and they hold the reservation until 15 minutes before departure. I now think that there is a central reservation office tel /and web . Have done the day trip Lefkas 0700 gets into athena at 1215 and back on the 1930 which gets in at 0030.now the new road bypasses some of the bottle necks it takes less than 5 hours.
    30 odd euros per head.

Quote Originally Posted by cynthia View Post
    We're booked on a flight in May. Nothing heard re the flight being cancelled (yet!!). What date are you travelling?
    We were booked to fly on flight OA622 on march 4th. I have tried to search/book a flight to/from Preveza on the Olympic Air website, tried lots of different days, high-season/ low season, you name it I've tried it, and all I ever get is "No flights are available for the dates you've specified" or "There were no flights available for your selected dates. We have shown flights available on the nearest dates." (but nothing is shown at all, anywhere.)

Here's the site I tried:
    http://www.olympicair.com/Home.aspx?a_id=549
    CharlesSwallow, did you have a Bavaria named after your Irish grandmother, by chance?
    I don't really think of ourselves as particularly "unlucky" with airlines, though: in 9 years of flying out twice a year, this is only the second time we've been messed around; all our other flights (apart from XL.com's collapse in 2008) were on time and as planned... Better track record than some UK train companies!