RogerMayne is offline Registered User

Question Changes to Diesel for next year

Hi,
    I read in a recent PBO that there will be some significant changes to red diesel next year. Apparently it will then contain an amount of biodiesel which is corrosive to certain things used in boat fuel lines? It also said that long term storage (a few months) in a boat fuel tank will greatly increase the risk of "Diesel bug"

Anyone know the truth and what is really going to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by RogerMayne View Post
    Hi,
    I read in a recent PBO that there will be some significant changes to red diesel next year. Apparently it will then contain an amount of biodiesel which is corrosive to certain things used in boat fuel lines? It also said that long term storage (a few months) in a boat fuel tank will greatly increase the risk of "Diesel bug"

suggest the search facility its well covered there
    I may be wrong but not always

Gin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RogerMayne View Post
    Hi,

Don't know yet, but I e-mailed Bukh engines for an opinion two weeks ago and so far no response at all I also spoke to their UK people by phone and it was the first they had heard and were thus in no position to give an opinion yet.