Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chris_Robb is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjclewes View Post
    ive used aquafax for a lot of parts and have been very pleased
    Agreed - Aquafax has been very efficient - just in case you missed the point, I was writing about Yacht Shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Robb View Post

As far as I can see, there are many websites which ignore the action point between 2 and 3, and take money regardless of stock/price position. This is generally no a good robust business process to ignore this stage. (and pisses of customers)
    There's a very simple explanation why businesses (particularly small ones) do this, it's called positive cash flow! While they hold onto your money they can pay last months bills (or last 3 months bills) eventually get your item in and then pay for it later.

Elessar is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by vyv_cox View Post
    I recently bought quite a few Yanmar engine spares (including impellers) from http://www.marine-power.co.uk I can report a completely different attitude from the one you found. They were able to direct me to some much cheaper alternatives than the Yanmar ones (17 for a 1/2 inch water pump seal!), were very helpful on the phone, and did not debit my card until the items were sent, which was at various times.

Highly recommended.
    I desperately needed a part from them and couldn't collect until they were shut. They walked it up to what was then alladin's cave and stuck my name on it. Outstanding service from both companies, in the case of the latter the staff that made it happen still work for force 4.
    Moral is buy from your local marine outfit even if it is few p more, often you'll find the prices competitive anyway. If you only use them when you want a 2p washer NOW, they won't be there for you next time.

Good Afternoon Chris,
    Following on from the bad experience and poor customer service which you received from us at The Yachtshop we would like to take this opportunity to respond.
    We would like to thank you for your honest and frank evaluation of us and we would like to hold our hands up and openly admit we got it terribly wrong and for this we would like to extend our sincere apologies.
    We have since put in place a plan to move forward from this incident and would like to assure you that all the points you raised are being thoroughly addressed.
    We value all feedback and comments and welcome any constructive criticism all forum members wish to contribute, which will hopefully help us get it right in the future.
    Regards
    Dave

Lady Campanula is offline Registered User
    Location : Tottington Hall, near Bury, in the Duchy of Lancaster

All that reminds me of a well-proven Sales truism...

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression."

To step away from a boat part supplier, if you order some furniture from Marks and Spencer, they debit your card straight away and almost simultaneously give you a delivery date, in my case 4 weeks. Marks and Spencer then order from their furniture builder/supplier and have use of the credit card money for 4 weeks. I am sure M&S don't pay their supplier until the furniture is dispatched to the customer, or even after that.
    I am not disappointed with the product, but it does make me wonder, there was no suggestion of paying a deposit, "I suppose this is really positive cash flow".

Quote Originally Posted by YachtShop View Post
    Good Afternoon Chris,
    Following on from the bad experience and poor customer service which you received from us at The Yachtshop we would like to take this opportunity to respond.
    We would like to thank you for your honest and frank evaluation of us and we would like to hold our hands up and openly admit we got it terribly wrong and for this we would like to extend our sincere apologies.
    We have since put in place a plan to move forward from this incident and would like to assure you that all the points you raised are being thoroughly addressed.
    We value all feedback and comments and welcome any constructive criticism all forum members wish to contribute, which will hopefully help us get it right in the future.
    Regards
    Dave
    What about that lump of an effin anode you sent me?

Quote Originally Posted by YachtShop View Post
    Good Afternoon Chris,
    Regards
    Dave
    Dave, thanks for your comments, and thanks for the gift voucher as well.

Good luck, as someone said further on, you have to be right first time, and the internet can be a very cruel place indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewinds View Post
    What about that lump of an effin anode you sent me?
    And your point? not sure I understand - will they?

VicS is offline Registered User

And your point? not sure I understand - will they?
    Read his post, #4 in the thread
    Sea Wych Owners Association: www.Seawych.org