Default Help ex BT Eberspacher how do you disable I hour timer.

D2.
    Any body able to give an idiots guide to removing the timer.Basically which wiring colours ?

pcatterall is offline Registered User

Its the lead that goes to terminal 6 ( the end one) It should be yellow but I think the one hour timer changes this to purple. Snip the yellow before the black box, snip the purple after the black box and presto you should be working. The other leads going to the black box are not required.

Quote Originally Posted by pcatterall View Post
    Its the lead that goes to terminal 6 ( the end one) It should be yellow but I think the one hour timer changes this to purple. Snip the yellow before the black box, snip the purple after the black box and presto you should be working. The other leads going to the black box are not required.
    Cheers..... will do the deed today.Its an ex BT+ Ebay jobby and replaces a Ye ancient Ardic monster.
    Not as powerful as the Ardic but the Eberspacher actually works when you turn it on.

pcatterall is offline Registered User

Well; I did forget to say connect the yellow to the purple but you will probably figure that!!

DogWatch Guest

any help

If you want to put a standard on/off switch on it as well just put +12volt onto the yellow wire and the heater will startup.

steve

Default Eberspacher 25 1830 01 0000 diesel heater D1LC

I have been asked by a friend to check out the recently purchased second hand heater defined in the title. I've managed to get the unit running and ulimately discovered it has a 1 hour timer installed. The documentation I have does not accurately reflect the unit in question and does not include the timer, which I have assumed to be the unmarked rectangular black box which has five wires connected to one end (Red,Yellow,Purple,Brown,White). The white is not connected. The R,Y&B are interfaced to the Control Unit via insulated connecter blocks and the purple on its own in a simiar manner to the CU. I have opened this black box which has a PCB inside which looks overly complex for a timer. Is it possible to confirm this is the timer and advise me how to disable it's operation. Apologies was sketchy data,much obliged for your time.
    Regards Carlon

Default 1 hour heater timer D1LC

This could be a repeat of a previous attempt The attachment defines my problem which like your other correspondent concerns the isolation of the 1 hour timer in the heater. The circuit diagrams I have for the heater do not reflect the 'as fitted' configuration and the black box has no identification. Inside the box is a PCB with extensive components that suggest the item does more in the system than operate a timer,
    I should be obliged if you can :-
    a) Confirm this is the timer?
    b) Define the method of isolation
    Regards
    Carlon