blackbess2 Guest

Angry crime at eling in the solent

several boat broken into tools and electronics stolen
    then in last week or so all 5 boats on eling sailing club deep water moorings entered via front hatches watch out strange thing the ajoining club marchwood no problems !!!!!
    Last edited by blackbess2; 29-05-10 at 11:00. Reason: boat found

Sorry to hear of the theft problems at Eling. The Ashlett Sailing Club down river used to suffer similar problems but installed a boat alarm system. Each boat (that could afford it) fitted a radio transmitter (cost 85 each) so in the event of a break in the alarm is sounded in the club house and the system autodials a security company. The clubhouse etc are also alarmed, new security fences were built and a camera system (linked to the internet) was installed. All of this has cost a lot of money but has reduced the crime rate considerably. Contact the Ashlett Sailing club for more information.

strange thing the ajoining club marchwood no problems !!!!!
    not true, unfortunately - some recent break-ins to Marchwood YC boats moored at Bury - same pattern, broken into via forehatch.

actionoptics is offline Registered User

Default Ashlett "break-ins"

Seems that during the same week, Eling, Marchwood and Ashlett were attacked.
    Three boats, none with alarms, had equipment stolen in Ashlett Creek.
    You know you are getting old when your back goes out more than you.http://www.actionoptics.co.uk[/url]

Unhappy Boat thieves Southampton

Just discovered my boat broken into at Cracknore Hard - between 31st October and 13th November. Apparently a boat nearby was also burgled and several at Marchwood. i've only just discovered it because I managed to go sailing three weeks ago without noticing it! Lockers were opened etc. but I had assumed they'd burst open in recent storms. Anyway I have lost my tools (expensive) - my flares (expensive)-and loads of annoying things that must be completely useless to thieves including engine injector spares etc. - fan belt -impeller - electrical spares fuses- knife - lanterns - voltmeter - head torch. Only ancient electronics and vhf on the boat which they didn't bother with. ( I take my GPS home ). Who are these people? What do they do with the stolen items? The returns on all this stuff must be minimal- while the inconvenience to me colossal. Anyway I'll report it tomorrow (Hythe police station closed on Sundays!)