Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    sarabande is online now Registered User

THAT's what I call policing in the community !

I'm sure the forum can reciprocate if you need any ideas for the boat. Hope it works out well !
    I think, therefore I am. I am, therefore I sail.

Another cop. I expect you lot - Slow boat, Special branch and others - will be having your own forum meets soon.

Then you can arrest each other for taking pictures of the meeting.

Default Rape alarms. Great things

Jimmy the builder. When my boat is moored at the marina... I will clip two rape alarms to the boat and the underside of the pontoon. Why not fix one rape alarm to any wiring that you would like to keep. I know this sounds a bit silly ...but it works. When I work the morning shift, I attach two rape alarms to my works bag...so if somebody decides to carjack me, my bag is thrown and the noise will burst eardrums. The only problem with rape alarms is the whole of the marina will be awake when these babies go off. You may take the mick but these work honest. But be careful these are very loud so do not use in the house to show friends...I did and could not hear for sometime lol

Elessar is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_bobby View Post

I’ve fired an email off to James Davidson, who is the Police Sergeant responsible for PCs and PCSOs who cover this area.
    Yep I remember Jim Davidson and his "nick nick" routine.....

Gawd help any blond WPCs with big boobs.

Yeah, I think this may be a different James Davidson lol.

I've got an email back and apparently they already have an entry dongle and do come down from time to time. They have, or had, until very recently, a "police" box attached to the security office, where they worked from quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_bobby View Post
    I've got an email back and apparently they already have an entry dongle and do come down from time to time. They have, or had, until very recently, a "police" box attached to the security office, where they worked from quite a lot.
    Yeah, right. I've had boats in Brighton marina since 1999, and I have never, ever seen a copper walking around on the pontoons. They don't have a police box attached to the security office, although the security office do have access to the pnc - maybe that's the link that your contact was referring to. In fairness the problems with security at Brighton marina aren't really the fault of the police - they are the fault of the marina, and the outsourced security contractors, who are rubbish.

Cheers
    Jimmy