Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jfm is offline Registered User

Default 3x Raymarine E120, ST60+ tridata, multiplexer

For sale:

1. Raymarine ST60+ Tridata instrument. This is the master instrument not the slave, so it has sockets on the back for speed and depth transducers, plus seatalk. Mint. Came with a new 2009 boat, installed in lower helm so not exposed to weahter, and immediately replaced by ST70. So it's in perfect condition. Includes suncover and new gasket and mount studs. No box or instructions (I'll send it in a ST70 box). New price www.mesltd.co.uk is 329. Asking 1/3rd ie 110 delivered in UK by mail

2. Multiplexer. As needed for installing AIS set. ShipModul Marine Electronics, model "Miniplex-AIS II NMEA 0183 Multiplexer". Top quality, bought from Technology Afloat whose proprietor Gavin is on these forums. Has 4 NMEA inputs, and RS232 input, and 2 NMEA outputs one of which is at 38400 baud for AIS. Used for a few hours only, but now not needed as my new chartplotters have multiple NMEA in so I dont need a multiplexer. Takes 12 or 24v dc power. Pic below, with fork to show scale. New cost 149.75. Asking 1/3rd ie 50 delivered to UK

3. Garmin Blue chart. Irish Sea MEU004R. July 02. Free to anyone who wants it.

4. Raymarine E120 plotter. Pretty mint condition. Used one season - new in Feb 2009. In original box, with all original extras ie cables, trunnion bracket, all manuals and CD in red canvas wallet, suncover, mount bolts, all as new. Reason for sale: replaced by E140W. New price 2650. Offered at 50% of new, say 1325 delivered to UK

5. Raymarine E120 plotter, another exactly as above. 1325 delivered to UK

6. Raymarine E120 plotter, as above except this one is asking price 1125 delivered to UK. It was OEM fitted new in lower helm of Fairline boat in Autumn 2009 so 18 months old, one season. No box or trunnion mount. Includes the suncover, power cable, video cable, the 2 NMEA/seatalk cables, new mount screws. It has some manuals as books and all on CD. No red canvas wallet for manuals. Also the front bezel moulding has a tiny crack at the bottom. You hardly notice it, pic below shows crack with me twisting the part to expose it to the camera, but if you relax it the crack closes, and could be superglued, or if you were very fussy the front cover bezel can be bought as spare part number R58194.
    Last edited by danfoley; 15-04-10 at 13:18.

Only item 5 left -one of the mint boxed e120s. Rest is all sold and despatched. Anyone want it?
    Last edited by jfm; 19-04-10 at 20:13.

msimms is offline Registered User

PM sent re Tridata.

pm sent
    May the road rise up to meet you,
    May the wind be always at your back..... Anon

Quote Originally Posted by sailor22 View Post
    pm sent
    Hi Sailor 22. I hope you dont mind if I answer your PM here, as the detials of multiplexers might be of general interest and others might know more

A multiplexer is a just a device to cure a problem when two NMEA083 speak at the same time. NMEA083 items are talkers or listeners. Your AIS is a talker (it outputs data on targets); a GPS mushroom is a talker (it outputs GPS position etc); an autopilot heading connection is a talker (it outputs heading). A chartplotter is (on its NMEA-in connection) a listener. But if you connect multiple talkers to the same NMEA port on a listener the talkers all overspeak each other and the plotter/listener can't process the signal.

A multiplexer cures this, but that's all it does. A multiplexer can listen to several talkers, all talking at once. It then issues an output which consists of the inputs nicely sequenced one after the other, only one person talking at once, and this output connects to the NMEA in on a plotter which can then use the data becuase it isn't scrambled anymore

But that's all a multiplexer does. You asked "Would it hook up my seatalk, my laptop, my AIS tranceiver and other NMEA 1833 stuff?" The answer is only partly "yes".

Seatalk is not NMEA and needs no multiplexer: it self multiplexes but of course you can only connect together devices which work on Seatalk. So my multiplexer is of no help with Seatalk. My multiplexer would, for example, allow your AIS and other NMEA0183 all to talk to your laptop at the same time. Or it would allow your AIS and your laptop to talk to your NMEA plotter, at the same time. If those are the sorts of things you want to do. If you want to see Seatalk data on your laptop you need a Seatalk/NMEA converter, which Raymarine sell. So the answer to your question is "it depends", but a multiplexer isn't an all singing all dancing thing that will just connect everything together

mikef is offline Registered User

Default Item 1

jfm, if item 1 (Tridata) becames available again, I'll take it

BlueSkyNick is offline Registered User

Default I cant afford any of the electronics, but..

How much do you want for the plastic fork?

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyNick View Post
    How much do you want for the plastic fork?
    2450 and I'll throw in TWO E120 plotters. And a knife and spoon from the same exclusive set :-)

Alistairr is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    3. Garmin Blue chart. Irish Sea MEU004R. July 02. Free to anyone who wants it
    I'll take Item 3 if its still available and looks like it covers the lower clyde too.

Cheers

Al.

Sorry Al. I have already sent it to MarieK. Yes it does cover N Ireland and Clyde. I actually bought it to do the delivery trip of my brother's boat from N.Ireland to Kip, back in 2004 or so when he bought it