Thread: St Ayles skiffs

Default St Ayles skiffs

If you dislike photos of lovely boats, and are consumed by jealousy at seeing them being rowed in lovely places, do not click on this link: http://scottishcoastalrowing.org/201...-to-the-water/

The first St Ayles skiff regatta takes place on 29 May 2010 at Ansturther. Six of these four man, Oughtred designed, rowing boats will be present and racing, with 35 crews taking turns in them. Not bad since plans only became available last Autumn. Another 17 or so boats are in build or kits ordered. Scotland goes rowing!
    Last edited by Romeo; 25-05-10 at 23:20.

and here is a photo of the first ever race, Coigach Lass beating Ulla....

Last edited by Romeo; 28-05-10 at 16:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
    and here is a photo of the first ever race, Coigach Lass beating Ulla....

Yep it was a good day for it and the fish suppers as good as ever.
    Eastern Scotland and beyond.

Alec Jordan is taking the prototype down to Beale Park. Landward on BBC2 Friday 4 June at 7pm is going to havea bit of footage from the Anstruther regatta. i sincerely hope that other coastal communities in Scotland catch the coastal rowing bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
    Alec Jordan is taking the prototype down to Beale Park. Landward on BBC2 Friday 4 June at 7pm is going to havea bit of footage from the Anstruther regatta. i sincerely hope that other coastal communities in Scotland catch the coastal rowing bug.

They are multiplying like bugs in a fuel tank I think the latest group s at South Queensferry.

There are boats at North Berwick, Dunbar and Portabello on the south shore and I think most towns are building two.
    Eastern Scotland and beyond.