Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New boat itch.

jfm is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by volvopaul View Post
    Hi John, cant believe bravehearts gone already! only looked at her a couple of weeks ago on EBY site.

But then again it must have been the best 58 out of the factory.

When can you reveal whats coming out of the toy box next I wonder?

Yes send the disc when you can, and the stamp if you like.

THe T47 is a great boat, though yes out of my pocket , whats adam doing now?
    Hi Paul
    Yup the first to see Braveheart paid a deposit straight away, at a great price (you can see from the EBY site it's the biggest ever price for a used sq58 - it has 250 hours). Completion has only been delayed by my broken leg, but plan is for buyer to take possession this Friday

Next toy is Sq78. In build now (hull comes out of mould 16th June; completion Jan 2011. Cat C32s 1572 hp and twin Onan 22.5kw 3.3litre gensets - dya fancy servicing her with me next year? It will have a Reverso oil change system plumbed in)

CD and stamp will follow asap. Stamp is on Adam's boat, which is in Corsica now. Adam changed jobs recently and has a month or two of gardening leave, so they're doing a big cruise of Corsica and Sardinia. Back in a week or so i think

Hi John, sorry to hear about your leg, how did you do it? or is it too rude to put on here!

Yes id def be up for coming out again next year, would be a treat.

How you going to manage without a boat this year?, please pass my number on to the new owner if you like.

Say hello to the rest of the gang for me, if you going to be visiting the factory at build stages and I can come along for a look id really appreciate it.

Update.

After viewing various boats this weekend, including a Targa 43, sealine S43 we have concluded that as we have spent 40 plus weekends out of 1 year we need the accomodation of a flybridge boat, though to be fair the S43 really ticked Mrs volvopauls boxes, I was nearly converted until this morning when we stepped aboard a Fairline Phantom 43, now ive been offered a 46 that I look after thats mint and seriously for sale but its too big.

The 43 has all the right bits including TAMD 75p engines with all the right trick bits for servicing that you often have to pay extra for.

The only problem is finding the extra on the budget.

Id like to say I found Alex at Ancasta Mercury very charming, helpfull and most of all down to earth this morning, he offered us a run out on the new T47 with no obligation at all, though to be fair as soon as I mentioned what I did for a living and this forum he came up with my boat name, handle and where shes moored, credit to him, his eyes are wide open!.

crazy4557 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by volvopaul View Post
    Update.

After viewing various boats this weekend, including a Targa 43, sealine S43 we have concluded that as we have spent 40 plus weekends out of 1 year we need the accomodation of a flybridge boat, though to be fair the S43 really ticked Mrs volvopauls boxes, I was nearly converted until this morning when we stepped aboard a Fairline Phantom 43, now ive been offered a 46 that I look after thats mint and seriously for sale but its too big.

The 43 has all the right bits including TAMD 75p engines with all the right trick bits for servicing that you often have to pay extra for.

The only problem is finding the extra on the budget.

Id like to say I found Alex at Ancasta Mercury very charming, helpfull and most of all down to earth this morning, he offered us a run out on the new T47 with no obligation at all, though to be fair as soon as I mentioned what I did for a living and this forum he came up with my boat name, handle and where shes moored, credit to him, his eyes are wide open!.
    Good to hear you've found a boat that interests you, didn't take long though!! As you know I have the 46 and am surprised you say it's too big in comparison to a 43...they look almost identical sizewise when on the water. Be interested to see where the space reduction has happened.

Great boats so wish you the best of luck in your search.

Seriously thinking about selling "Spotty".
    Just haven't used her since moving under the bridge.
    New website - www.rapidmarine.co.uk

Hi Paul

You seriously missed the boat (no pun intended) only a few months ago. There was a lovely Sealine s38 for sale, a careful owner, very well maintained machinery (you should know!!!!).

Unfortunately, that boat has now gone - oh well such is life

If you're interested in a "project" or two, have a look on Boatshed24 at some of the MFV's for sale. Saw an ex-RN Inshore minesweeper for about 140K and an ex patrol/pilot boat for a bit less. The minsweeper was wooden and the patrol boat was aluminium.
    Trying the champagne lifestyle on beer money!!

Calamity is I believe still in the shed at destys.

Nice to see you on the forum, might get a chance to pop in 4 a cuppa this week if your about.

Tell you what Paul, if you change your boat, how jealous will I be?
    I've been talking about it for ages as you well know!! It will be hard for you to find one better than what you've got for accomodation, build quality, value for money etc. Happy hunting and if you want a hand, give me a shout, what else are we going to do on those summer afternoons when work tails off!!!!!!!