Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default MBY's Spot the boat

Hello all,

Time to test your recognition skills again, can you spot the boat in this picture?

http://www.mby.com/spot-the-boat/472890/spot-the-boat

Cheers,

Jack

Can you tell what boat this lovely lady is lying?(on)
    Her tummy .. under that .. a Sea Ray ??

Default Oh dear!

Well spotted and thanks for the guess but I'm afraid it's not a Sea Ray!

Jack

Back in Poole, delivering boats for a living and also teaching for various companies in the area

sunseeker 43 superhawk

I find it increasingly dispiriting that otherwise reputable journalists on otherwise reputable magazines should feel that they have to revert to using sexually exploitative pictures thinly veiled as a feature.

If you were putting these pictures out in the IPC house magazine you would be breaking corporate diversity and equality policies.

This is the 21st century. Please consider your position in relation to similar pictures in future.
    I think, therefore I am. I am, therefore I sail.

Default We do

Quote Originally Posted by sarabande View Post
    I find it increasingly dispiriting that otherwise reputable journalists on otherwise reputable magazines should feel that they have to revert to using sexually exploitative pictures thinly veiled as a feature.

If you were putting these pictures out in the IPC house magazine you would be breaking corporate diversity and equality policies.

This is the 21st century. Please consider your position in relation to similar pictures in future.
    Publish Nuts magazine......

To add, IPC as a guesstimate (spelling) is 70% woman and I have just returned from the staff restaurant when they proudly display the "cover of the month" This month is Nuts magazine with Lucy Pindar in all her glory....
    Last edited by Richard Shead; 11-06-10 at 09:36. Reason: More to say

Default scej

Hi scej,

Thanks for the guess but I'm afraid it's not a Sunseeker.

Jack

w.london - boat on solent- RIB on Tidal Thames

Do not open it if it offends

I think its good light hearted fun frankly.

Enjoy the w/e!

I take your point about not opening it myself, but that does not address the issue: should women's bodies be used as the primary component of what could otherwise be a sensible and challenging competition ?

These photos, which have been run unsuccessfully by a sequential cohort of journalists with the misfortune to be asked to come up with a tatty and demeaning graphics only remotely associated with the title, are nothing to do with the properly artistic photos we see occasionally presented by e.g. Lakey.

Run a genuine competition to identify a boat from a component part. It is a genuine challenge based on knowledge and skill. Using, or rather, abusing a tacky publicity photograph shows lack of imagination, taste and respect, and a mindset which truly disappeared at the end of the last century.

The magazine is Motor Boat and Yachting, not Tits at Sea.
    I think, therefore I am. I am, therefore I sail.

Default Hmm

I take your point about not opening it myself, but that does not address the issue: should women's bodies be used as the primary component of what could otherwise be a sensible and challenging competition ?

These photos, which have been run unsuccessfully by a sequential cohort of journalists with the misfortune to be asked to come up with a tatty and demeaning graphics only remotely associated with the title, are nothing to do with the properly artistic photos we see occasionally presented by e.g. Lakey.

Run a genuine competition to identify a boat from a component part. It is a genuine challenge based on knowledge and skill. Using, or rather, abusing a tacky publicity photograph shows lack of imagination, taste and respect, and a mindset which truly disappeared at the end of the last century.

The magazine is Motor Boat and Yachting, not Tits at Sea.
    are nothing to do with the properly artistic photos we see occasionally presented by e.g. Lakey.

As I see all the pix that are posted by all forum members I have to strongly disagree with this statement, yes there are some cracking shots which he posts but equally there are far worse pictures than that of a girl lying on a sun pad of a Faisunprinseline..... opps nearly gave it away.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast