sarabande is online now Registered User

As a confirmed raggie, I had hopes that jfm was going to emulate Magnum and convert to sailing. Now that would be an interesting boat .
    I think, therefore I am. I am, therefore I sail.

jfm is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sarabande View Post
    As a confirmed raggie, I had hopes that jfm was going to emulate Magnum and convert to sailing. Now that would be an interesting boat .
    I plan to, on retirement. I fancy a CMN, sort of on the Grand Bleu Vintage hull

Great!
    Congratulations, J!
    I am really looking forward to reading the new "in build thread". The last one was one of the reasons, that I signed to the forum.
    For me it would be very interesting to read, what kind of changes you are planing.

Cheers
    Chris

titanic is online now Registered User

Great news JFM. I look forward to feeling involved in your new project. I am sure she will be even more stunning than Match

Alistairr is offline Registered User

I had a feeling that was coming!!
    Many congratulations jfm, and yes another huge thread full of pics and process is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    the second boat in a series is always going to be better than the first
    I can't work out how you can improve on perfection!!! But we all know you will!!

Looking forward to it.
    Al.

Congratulations, JFM. I'm sure she's going to be even more perfect than 'Match' A man needs his hobbies and yours seems to be boatbuilding along with boating. You have probably been asked this a hundred times, but have you ever considered being involved in designing a completely new model? Seems to me, there could be a market for a properly done 40-50 feet semi-displacement cruiser...

Great news JFM, I am sure you will improve on Match. I am looking forward to the build thread although I must say I am dissapointed this development may curtail my 'Red Dot Bay Babe' spotting later this year!

except from a few silicone seems in the heads , and can't think of anything that can be improved on Match,

but John well certainly come up with more then a few things, we have never thought about.
    Looking forward to the new thread

AdeOlly is offline Registered User

Crickey JFM, it only seems line a few months since we were monitoring Match's progress to the Med on the decks of that cargo ship. Congrats on your new 'project' Please do put the build up on a new thread - it will be fascinating to see what changes you make to your original customisations, and what new improvements you have thought up.
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    I fancy a CMN, sort of on the Grand Bleu Vintage hull
    Isn't she a CNB? Not that I'd refuse an invitation on a CMN, if you would insist...

All the very best with the new project, looking forward to the opportunity to throw in some other crazy ideas.
    Are you thinking to stick to fins or considering also gyro, to start with?
    That's something to be decided even before laying the hull, I suppose.

Page 156 of 165 FirstFirst ... 56106146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160161162163164165 LastLast