Page 160 of 165 FirstFirst ... 60110150151152153154155156157158159160161162163164165 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1642

JFM, the F70 on a DL430 will be superb for pulling heavy skiers etc; more power and higher gear ratio gives extra acceleration and is very noticeable over the F60, as I thought, you will need to watch the top end though and keep the rib under 34mph which it will exceed on the obligatory early morning bread/pastry run to shore etc. If I was buying another 430 today, I would go with the F70 and perhaps prop it a notch.

Thumbs up

Well what can one say that's not been said.....?

Last night I finished watching the boxed set of the complete 6 series of the Soprano's which I had received at xmas...84 hours and gutted I have no more to view!

This morning I finally finished reading this thread which has taken me near a month to read (few posts at a time) since coming back to this site having been boatless for a number of years! hence double gutted!

Two amazing stories but only one being true.

Well done jfm look forward to the next 78!

Rob.

jfm is offline Registered User

Just in the interests of being tidy I'll relate here end of this so far as my involvement is concerned. I sold Match to new owners and handed her over at beginning of July 2012, with the clocks showing about 280 hours and 3400nm after 18months since she was handed over by Fairline to me. She is still in France and has been cruising Cote D'Azur and Corsica with her new owners, but this sunday she goes to Genoa to get loaded onto a ship that will take her to rotterdam from where she will be sailed to her new home in Sweden. Her new owners are a Swedish/Belgian family - parents/grown up sons/grand children will often cruise on her together. I've been out on the boat with them and they sure know how to operate and berth the boat (they've had boats before) so Match will be in good hands. Wave if you see her in scandinavia. As far as i know, but I'm not sure, she is keeping her name (which actually has Swedish origins anyway, by coincidence).

Financially the transaction was great (thanks here to Essex Boatyards who brokered it). The boat was never advertised and was sold privately/quietly after discussions with a small number of serious buyers. Proves i think the financial logic of taking a production boat but differentiating it from the rest of the pack with must-have things like stabilisers and long range fuel tanks which easily command a few hundred £k of premium because they change the boat but cannot easly be retrofited

I kept the Laser (buyers wanted jetski) and the 3D picture of Bonifacio, and they will go on the new boat. Actually I'm trying to organise a jetski and a Laser on new boat...

I looked at/comnsidered lots of alternatives for new boat but for lots of reasons (my personal taste, and financial logic ie minimum depreciation) I've ordered another Squadron 78. Knowing the boat as well as i do means this one really will be perfect (at least, by my peculiar/personal definitions :-)). Imagine if you custom built a house, then 2 years later built the exact same house again - you'd be able to cure all the little things you got wrong the first time like 230v socket in the wrong position, door not quite hinged correctly, lighting set up, and so on. I'll do a new build thread starting late September maybe, when the new boat is in the mould.

From me to Match's new owners, happy sailing guys

Wow, the light that burns twice as bright, shines half as long. Match was a truly fab boat, so I can't wait to see what you come up with as improvements. Congratulations on the sale, and very best wishes for the new build. And finally, most of all, thanks for all the great times on Match.

Cheers
    Jimmy

mjf is offline Registered User

Oh Yippie!

Another winter of build in progress reports - cant wait as last series was involving.

Many congrats by the way as you seem to have a deal that you are again very happy with but sans boat for the rest of the summer / autumn.

Did you keep the navtext thing?

jfm is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    Did you keep the navtext thing?
    Ah, my beloved ICS Nav4 Navtex printer...

No, I left it on Match. My local chandler in Antibes had a new one in stock in a tatty box; has been on his shelf for literally 10 years at €700 and no-one ever bought it. I dropped by and showed some interest and he couldn't believe it, and gave it to me for €150 with a big hug while looking to heaven chanting "Praise the Lord". So Match2 will have a 10 year old but new Nav4 :-). I need to join a Luddites forum, i know, but I love the Nav4

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    Ah, my beloved ICS Nav4 Navtex printer...

No, I left it on Match. My local chandler in Antibes had a new one in stock in a tatty box; has been on his shelf for literally 10 years at €700 and no-one ever bought it. I dropped by and showed some interest and he couldn't believe it, and gave it to me for €150 with a big hug while looking to heaven chanting "Praise the Lord". So Match2 will have a 10 year old but new Nav4 :-). I need to join a Luddites forum, i know, but I love the Nav4
    John , I have one on my boat, but the big aerial that looks like a toy from Ann summers is in my garage, if it's good enough for match, I might have to reinstate it!!

John,
    Glad the sale and handover went well. If the new owners are keeping the name when do we get get clues to the new name? If only in mould in Sept I take it she probably will not make LIBS?
    Dave

Hurricane is offline Registered User

Good luck with the new build - I'm sure we will all get to hear about it!!!

BTW
    I nearly added a Jetski to our toys this year but the thought of kids and friends crashing into JW finally put the idea out of my mind.
    At least a Rib has rubber tubes to cushion any impact.

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    I need to join a Luddites forum, i know, but I love the Nav4
    LOL, let me know if you'll find a good one.
    I've got a Furono 207 meteofax+navtex printer onboard, and I suspect that it has been around for even more years than your ICS unit.
    But no matter how hard I try to abuse it, it just keeps working, year after year.
    Probably the most reliable bit of kit I've ever had.

PS: looking fwd to Match II build thread, that will be yet another epic story, surely!
    Last edited by MapisM; 03-08-12 at 17:11.

Page 160 of 165 FirstFirst ... 60110150151152153154155156157158159160161162163164165 LastLast