Page 19 of 165 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
    mikef is online now Registered User

Thats a reassuringly thick lump of hull there! Not sure that incorporating the Cross of St George in the new Squadron logo will appeal to Fairline's Celtic market

In fairness, the model is the "78Custom" and for non-ingerlanders I hear F/L are planning to show the 7-8 pennants in a metric version:

Last edited by benjenbav; 29-07-10 at 12:07.

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    3.3 litres each matey
    Tee hee! More than enough to be used as mains on many boats...
    Didn't you think of bolting a couple of electric motors to the shafts?
    Perfect for mooring with no engines (bound to raise some eyebrows...) and/or some trolling in the middle of a passage!
    At a guess, they could be good for 3kts or so.

wakeup is offline Registered User

Must be another instalment/up date due by now?

Hurricane is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by wakeup View Post
    And it must be almost due for those big lumps of metal soon.

jfm is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by wakeup View Post
    Yep, sorry. I haven't been to the factory since the last pictures (above) nor got any news of build progress. I've been busy organising manufacture of panels for the flybridge dash (being made by the excellent Axon components) and er doing my day job. I think James Barke of Essex Boatyards is there this Friday so I'll ask him to grab a few pics, maybe of engines installed if that has been done

James is there on Friday -with me. I am looking at the new Squadron 50 - very excited!

Quote Originally Posted by admillington View Post
    James is there on Friday -with me. I am looking at the new Squadron 50 - very excited!
    Is that a built boat or a plywood mockup? I've seen the mockups in the prototype shed. Anyway, if you are at Nene Valley site rather than Barnwell Rd and you get 5 mins maybe grab me a couple of pics of mine please - hull #70 in the Sq78 shed, next door to where (I think) the prototypes are. Easy to spot, as there are only 4 boats in the 78 shed (#'s 67 to 70) and mine is the least built!

Either way, have a good trip and let us know what you decide

Only the plywood mockup at this stage. I will ask if I can see your magnificent ship.

Quote Originally Posted by admillington View Post
    Only the plywood mockup at this stage. I will ask if I can see your magnificent ship.
    Ah, well then you'll be in the shed which is right next to the one in which the 78s are built, so it's a 30 second walk. Please drop by and have a look and get me a few pics, if you have time :-) I'm supposed to make a stage payment next Tuesday (dammit) so it would be good to know it's still there!

I'll be interested to hear how useful you find the plywood mockup as a customer. The aft deck mockup is great, and is nicely detailed. But the interior model has all its surfaces in bare wood so you need much imagination to get a feel of it in its finished materials and surfaces.

Page 19 of 165 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast