Page 62 of 165 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112162 ... LastLast
    jfm is offline Registered User

…Continuing from previous post

Below is port cabin in twin and double modes. The bed slides on s/s train tracks, and as it does so it reveals another bedside table unit

Stbd twin cabin is below

I didn’t get any pics of forward cabin. Below is one of the guest shower rooms (full of carpet at the moment!)

Below is a random bilge shot. Elec seacock in blue box. All pipes labelled

Flybridge. Dash 100% finished as it now has the perspex lip screen along the top. The sunbrella cvolour is a darker brown as I was bored with the beige. Looks ok I think/hope

Engine room

Foredeck and lockers for cushions and fenders (4 big fenders each side can be hidden in dedicated fender lockers on side decks)

Utility room in crew space aft

That’s it I think. Next pics will be on a lorry!

Er.....JHM......don't know how to ask this - but where's the CE sticker going?
    "Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination"

That is absolutely gorgeous - somehow it manages to be bling and a proper ship at the same time. No handhold in the shower though? I'd have thought even something that size might get the occasional unexpected nudge at anchor?

z1ppy is offline Registered User

Thumbs up

AMAZING!!!! cant wait to see this on the water! congratulations!!!!

Impressive vessel indeed J, congrats.
    The tiling on the shower wall is veeery nice. It reminds me of Bisazza glass mosaic, is it the one, by chance?
    And out of curiosity, how long did the hull stay in the mould, and up to which production stage (bare hull/bulkheads/engines/...)? Sorry if this was already discussed, I can't remember by heart and the thread is now far too long to browse it all...

EME is offline Registered User

It only seems like yesterday that the hull was being started.. what a great job from Fairline. I always imagined you were looking at January/February 2011 delivery so a great credit to them to customise and incorporate the ...errrggghhhh... JFM-isation in such a short time.

Apart from the fascinating features such as Hydraulic pipes as thick as an oak, that electrical panel etc., the thing that really strikes me ( at least as far as photos allow) is the wood finish and the straight edges/90-deg angles which do look brilliant. Very difficult to imagine the effect when you first wrote about it but very, very impressive from these photos.

mjf is offline Registered User

Wonderful

really does come together now - ER looks fab. Well lit too.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the crew cabin space is different to standard as I thought it looked a bit odd on the craft at SIBS with the bench seat with buggar all head room.

I hope it floats!

mainshiptom is offline Registered User

What a great boat, i bet there is so much fun in specking a boat , as soon as you start using it you want to do it all over again?

Tom

I did wonder about the electric sea-cocks, pleased to see you have manual as well.

I like many others, have been watching this thread, but, to reduce 'clutter' have not commented so far.

Congratulations on job well done, nice to see someone who knows what he wants & is prepared to get involved to achieve that.

Enjoy !
    This post is made from 100% recycled electrons.

jfm is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Impressive vessel indeed J, congrats.
    The tiling on the shower wall is veeery nice. It reminds me of Bisazza glass mosaic, is it the one, by chance?
    And out of curiosity, how long did the hull stay in the mould, and up to which production stage (bare hull/bulkheads/engines/...)? Sorry if this was already discussed, I can't remember by heart and the thread is now far too long to browse it all...

Blimey MapisM you have an eye for detail! Yes they are indeed glass mosaics, made by your countrymen Bisazza. I've used them before in my house. Those ones on the boat are a colour mix called "Nefertiti", made up of bronzes and blacks. With brown grout. Close up below

The boat was being laid up for about 5-6 weeks from gelcoat to final layup, then it sat in the mould a further 2 or so weeks. The watertight bulkhead aft end of engine room was fitted in the mould, but everything else including engines and sterngear and other bulkheads were done after pulling it from the mould. Pic below shows it just pulled from mould - you can just see the bulkhead

Page 62 of 165 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112162 ... LastLast