Page 69 of 165 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119 ... LastLast
    AndieMac is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DanT View Post
    P.S. if any of you forumites want something similar then you know where we are!

I reckon if we looked really hard there may be one or two

You must remember that we are easily pleased here at Fairline.
    Tea, chocolate and very satisfied customers is just about all we ask for
    All right, just tell me where to deliver tea and chocolate for yourself and your other 89 colleagues, and count me in for the next Sq85!
    Apropos, out of curiosity, how are you going to deliver this new beast under that low bridge which is already a challenge for the 78?

PS: needless to say, I also join the other forumites' congratulations to jfm and all of you for such a gorgeous job. Even if sometimes I threw in some different views/suggestions, it doesn't mean that I didn't appreciate the overall result. Quite the opposite, in fact.
    Last edited by MapisM; 26-11-10 at 03:01.

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post

If you or any of the build team are ever down in the South of France (Antibes, near Cannes/Nice) on holiday or whatever, look me up and you're always welcome on the boat. Mike, Karl etc have my mobile. (Though, i'll probably find some jobs for you to help me out with!)
    Thanks JFM, thats a very kind offer and I will let the rest of the team know that if they are holidaying in the south of France they need to pack their toolboxes along with the wife and kids

Seriously though, the overwhelming enthusiasm for what we do, from you and so many others on here has been a very welcome surprise. It is rare that we get to see or hear about the people who buy our boats, and to discover that there are many people out there who are as passionate about the boats we build as we are ourselves is extremely encouraging. I have to confess that I have been printing off alot of the compliments posted on this forum and putting them up on the notice boards within the factory, they are a fantastic morale booster!

I rekon we will have spent something like 3000 man days building your boat for you, and I would like to think you will have at least that many glorious days aboard it! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to impress and for being our new top PR man.

Happy sailing.
    Dan

P.S. Have you made your mind up about a name yet, times running out.......

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    All right, just tell me where to deliver tea and chocolate for yourself and your other 89 colleagues, and count me in for the next Sq85!
    Apropos, out of curiosity, how are you going to deliver this new beast under that low bridge which is already a challenge for the 78?

PS: needless to say, I also join the other forumites' congratulations to jfm and all of you for such a gorgeous job. Even if sometimes I threw in some different views/suggestions, it doesn't mean that I didn't appreciate the overall result. Quite the opposite, in fact.
    Thanks MapisM, it is always nice to hear positive feedback about what we do.
    As for transporting the Sq85, I would guess that there would have to be a fair bit of final assembly/re-assembly done at our Ipswich facility. We have to remove some of the flybridge furniture from the Sq78 before it leaves Oundle for Ipswich to keep the height down, and I assume that the final transport height for the Sq85 would have to be identical as the Sq78 as there is so little room under the bridge.

I'll be at LIBS on 7th jfm, so I look forward to having a good look at your new toy

It's a great joy to read DanT's comments and to see a company being proud of making a great product.

Now, if we can just get this thread up to 1,000, I reckon IPC might be persuaded to print a collector's edition - as a coffee table book maybe - for the pleasure of jfm's guests onboard.

jfm is offline Registered User

the overwhelming enthusiasm for what we do, from you and so many others on here has been a very welcome surprise. It is rare that we get to see or hear about the people who buy our boats, and to discover that there are many people out there who are as passionate about the boats we build as we are ourselves is extremely encouraging.
    Truth is many of your customers are indeed passionate about the product and get huge pleasure not just from sailing it but from knowing it's so well built. But there is generally little contact between you guys who build them and the customer, for lots of reasons including that the dealer is in the middle and customer's main relationship is with him. And often boats are sold as stock, so the question of visiting the factory doesn't arise. Before this I had 2 Sq58s but only vsited the line once because one was a stock boat (SIBS2008 boat) and the other was someone else's cancelled order so we bought it when it was 80% done. Anyweay, it has been a lot of fun seeing 78-70 grow from the keel up and get a feel for how it all works, plus knowing it is a unique boat

the Have you made your mind up about a name yet, times running out.......
    Yup, name is below (I have the name letters here on my desk; below is a simulation by yachtlite. The name might seem odd, but it means something to me so I like it :-) Not sure when we can fit the letters; if luck there might be 1/2day in Ipswich, or else while it's sitting around inside LIBS. Not sure. And stupidly i forgot to ask you guys to install a 24v feed, but I can just parallel onto the crew cabin 24v supply or something because these things only draw 1/4 amp

jfm is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    I'll be at LIBS on 7th jfm, so I look forward to having a good look at your new toy
    See you there Magnum. Same mobile as ever

Truth is many of your customers are indeed passionate about the product and get huge pleasure not just from sailing it but from knowing it's so well built. But there is generally little contact between you guys who build them and the customer, for lots of reasons including that the dealer is in the middle and customer's main relationship is with him. And often boats are sold as stock, so the question of visiting the factory doesn't arise. Before this I had 2 Sq58s but only vsited the line once because one was a stock boat (SIBS2008 boat) and the other was someone else's cancelled order so we bought it when it was 80% done. Anyweay, it has been a lot of fun seeing 78-70 grow from the keel up and get a feel for how it all works, plus knowing it is a unique boat

Yup, name is below (I have the name letters here on my desk; below is a simulation by yachtlite. The name might seem odd, but it means something to me so I like it :-) Not sure when we can fit the letters; if luck there might be 1/2day in Ipswich, or else while it's sitting around inside LIBS. Not sure. And stupidly i forgot to ask you guys to install a 24v feed, but I can just parallel onto the crew cabin 24v supply or something because these things only draw 1/4 amp

Italian flagged, eh.

I know it's just a mock-up.

jfm, I like the name... not sure why, but I think that will look very smart.

....The only trouble is everyone will think your are a sports promoter!.... or the CEO of Swedish Match.... but who cares!

Page 69 of 165 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119 ... LastLast