Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! a good idea

14 87.50%
  • I don`t know and I don`t care!

0 0%
  • Morrisons is ok! (I like the walk)

1 6.25%
  • I use my inflateable and scramble up the bank!

1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Ely Pontoon

Hybrid View

quimby is offline Registered User

Default Ely Pontoon

Pontoon for access to Tesco and station

Yes I know how to spell, Inflatable

Not sure if there is a weaker or stronger case for one now the bridge will be open as of this week...but make the suggestion to the Hbr.Authority...you never know they might even do something!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon View Post
    Not sure if there is a weaker or stronger case for one now the bridge will be open as of this week...but make the suggestion to the Hbr.Authority...you never know they might even do something!!
    87% in favour, looks good, but only 16 votes cast! Doubt if this would influence the Hbr Authorities

What would be good is all those fishing boats being allocated a space away from the dock and pontoon sign posted as "Visitor Moorings"
    See the rainbow not the rain

Quote Originally Posted by Sneds View Post
    What would be good is all those fishing boats being allocated a space away from the dock and pontoon sign posted as "Visitor Moorings"
    Or at least remove the "visitors moorings" sign. It must be confusing for genuine visitors, especially at night.

Re the pontoon at Tescos yes it would be good.MilfordHaven authority have installed several at strategic places around the haven to encourage people ashore to support local business . I wonder if Tesco and the Oystercatcher would be interested in sponsoring it.

Is the one on the opposite bank upstream of the road bridge still there? last time i looked the first bit was open for public use and the second bit gated off for private moorings.but that was a year or two ago.

PS just cycled over to satisfy my curiosity and take some pics. The pontoon is still there but now has a gate with a number code lock on. Tried the number that worked yesterday at Mermaid but its different. If the harbour authority would give you the number and allow you to use it it would be a not too terrible walk to Morrisons or over the Pontywerin Bridge to Tesco but you would of course have to navigate under the Pont Y Werin bridge first to get there.

Last edited by graham; 01-08-10 at 11:21. Reason: Update with some photos.

Default Tesco/Oystercatcher pontoon.

Brilliant idea -doesn't anyone in the H. authority,Tesco or Oystercatcher read these things?