We just got back from a week on the Thames - Windsor to Abingdon and back, experienced lots of different weather!!

We had some BBQs when the weather allowed but we also ate out. Some of these are the big chain restaurants so nothing that exciting..

Wagamama, Windsor - Same as everywhere, quick, reasonable, kare lomen is my favourite.

Zizzi, Henley - Good pizza/pasta, excellent service in this one.

The Bull, Sonning - Very nice old style pub/restaurant, needed to book mid week and lovely Fuller's beer.

Chequers, Henley - This is where it all went wrong, we couldn't get a table until 9pm which was ok. We arrived at 8:40pm, got a drink in the bar and let them know we were there and were told no problem we'll come and get you. 9:05pm nothing, checked and told yes, yes we will come and get you. 9:15pm still nothing and when we asked again told we are busy we'll come and get you. At this point there are numerous empty laid up tables and a group of 4 walks up with no reservation and gets seated. 9:20pm I tell them we have had enough of waiting and they were very uninterested. So we went over the road to Pizza Express as it was getting late and we were hungry. After all the reviews on here we were looking forward to it but I'm not sure I can be bothered to go back.

Thai Square Windsor - Lovely Thai food and good service, would recomend.

Carluccio's Windsor - Superb Italian food, loved the spaghetti vongole and a really good espresso and limoncello to finish.