Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jecuk View Post
    Hand and Flowers
    Nice food but slow and in my experience poor service. Expensive for the experience.

and now two star Michelin..
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...michelin-stars

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanS View Post
    tbh, two more than it deserves.

Default The Minnow (Shepperton)

Pleasant enough pub to be inside, food was great, wine and Drinks a little OTT price-wise.

Would go back, but only if a bit tipsy!

Quote Originally Posted by No Regrets View Post
    Pleasant enough pub to be inside, food was great, wine and Drinks a little OTT price-wise.

Would go back, but only if a bit tipsy!
    It's Weybridge side of the river isn't it? Just up the road from the refurbed moorings opposite Weybridge Mariners?

Been there a couple of times recently and found the food to be excellent. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for certainly. Can't comment on the wine but the ale is well kept and cheaper than my local in Chertsey. If I can get my gennie sorted we'll be there tomorrow.

Thumbs down

Hi,
    We went last week to the Flower Pot near Henley. Very disappointing - the worst Lasagne/salad I've ever tasted and dirty glasses too. (They were washing up the previous night's glasses in a bucket on the bar!!) Never again!
    PS. Admittedly the bar was lovely and full of character - if only that too had been clean.

Default Showboat Harleyford

New owners this year, Italian couple.

Quite a simple menu of interesting fair, reasonably priced (and if i am saying that read verging on cheap), and he has a credit card machine coming in a week so no need for cash.

Great meal and the place was buzzing with folks so need to book.

Major advantage over MDL, an affordable eatery for boaters.

No connection other than a happy customer wishing them luck with the venture!

Unfortunately Chez Gerrard on Henley has closed although I think the one in Marlow is still limping on. I guess they discounted too much...

Quote Originally Posted by apollo View Post
    New owners this year, Italian couple.

Quite a simple menu of interesting fair, reasonably priced (and if i am saying that read verging on cheap), and he has a credit card machine coming in a week so no need for cash.

Great meal and the place was buzzing with folks so need to book.

Major advantage over MDL, an affordable eatery for boaters.

No connection other than a happy customer wishing them luck with the venture!
    And Harleyford is quite reasonable about mooring provided folks ring the marina office FIRST and ask to moor.
    I think folks have "taken advantage" in the past and stayed overnight without paying.

Default Chez Gerrard

Quote Originally Posted by apollo View Post
    Unfortunately Chez Gerrard on Henley has closed although I think the one in Marlow is still limping on. I guess they discounted too much...
    No, the whole chain went kaput.

Glad Showboat finally have a credit card reader, I might go there now. It always seemed odd to me that the old management expected all potential clients to have cash.

Happy New Year
    PO

Default Bel and the Dragon - Cookham

Last Friday. Had intended to go to the Kings Head but found they had a delay on food due to grills broken down so decided to try the Bel instead.
    Wished we hadn't. Service was slow, had Suckling Pig with crackling, thrice cooked chips and a Cauliflower cheese side.
    Tried serving it all poncie - on a wooden platter with gravy in a ittle jug. Pork was tenderish and quite tasty but food was lukewarm, and gravy ran all over the place onto the table. Waited at lest 5-110 mins after the meat before the cauli arrived. Crackling was a joke, couldn't even break it , let alone bite it - concrete !!

Expect better for £17 for a main course - chips not a patch on the Broad Face at Abingdon, either.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast