Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Burgers can be real!

These were just pretentious rubbish. In fairness, previous visits have been fine...

Default The Ferry - Cookham

we ate out a few times on our holiday last week, so thought I would post a few reviews.

We have recentley eaten out at the ferry a few times, mostly because some friday nights we leave the marina and head up to cookham for about 9'ish.
    On all three occasions we have always had pizzas, and they have alway been good quality and the service has been very good, although this could be due to the fact that we have always eaten late in there when it is a bit queiter for the staff.

Default The Plough Inn - Clifton Hampden

Lovely thatched roof pub in the village that is run by a chinese couple. The food is very good chinese food which can be eaten in the restauarnt or the bar. The couple who run the pub are very freindly and would recommend anyone who moors there, to pay it a visit

http://home2.btconnect.com/theploughinns/

Default Boulters update:

OK, after the bland-burgers of last week, we popped in this weekend, and moored overnight. Nice clean moorings, no problem at all.

Meals and Wine all impeccable, great service, total bill a not unsubstantial £200 odd.

Thats more like it!

Not the best value for money, but fair, and free moorings considered, quite content.

The food was absolutely bang on though. Rib of Beef shared between three, initially tried to charge me for the 'included' Vegetables and sauces, argued, and they backed down as fast as they should have done, considering the poor wording in the menu.

That did leave a bit of a sour taste, but there was no argument at all.

Beware the 'included' bits, they try to charge, which is a bit naughty. All resolved at the table, the manager even knew why I had called him over, but this needs to be sorted, as softer punters will just pay out of apathy.

Quote Originally Posted by No Regrets View Post
    OK, after the bland-burgers of last week, we popped in this weekend, and moored overnight. Nice clean moorings, no problem at all.

Meals and Wine all impeccable, great service, total bill a not unsubstantial £200 odd.

Thats more like it!

Not the best value for money, but fair, and free moorings considered, quite content.

The food was absolutely bang on though. Rib of Beef shared between three, initially tried to charge me for the 'included' Vegetables and sauces, argued, and they backed down as fast as they should have done, considering the poor wording in the menu.

That did leave a bit of a sour taste, but there was no argument at all.

Beware the 'included' bits, they try to charge, which is a bit naughty. All resolved at the table, the manager even knew why I had called him over, but this needs to be sorted, as softer punters will just pay out of apathy.
    200 Quid!! For how many !!!!???

4, with Wine.

Oldgit and I with respective swmbo's ate at Italian Concept at Runnymede on Saturday evening. Everything very satisfactory and less than £70 for four including drinks before tip.
    Moor at the EA moorings just below the park an just walk up the alleyway.

Quote Originally Posted by boatone View Post
    Oldgit and I with respective swmbo's ate at Italian Concept at Runnymede on Saturday evening. Everything very satisfactory and less than £70 for four including drinks before tip.
    Moor at the EA moorings just below the park an just walk up the alleyway.
    +1

Default Risin Sun Hurley

Went Saturday evening and will not be going back! the garden needs the grass cutting and is generally dirty with litter under the tables. most of the free tables had glasses and plates on, ours was sticky, I asked the barman for a cloth and got a smelly beer towel. We went there with some friends one of them work in the industry and he was very disapointed in the condition of the pint of ale he was served. we ordered food and after 1 1/2 hours waiting we gave up and left. Ended up having hot dogs on the boat.
    You dont need eyes to see you need vision.

Just back from a brief jaunt downstream and visits to the following:

Dog & Badger at Medmenham. This apparently changed hands again about 15 months ago. Monday night so it was very quiet. The food was good and the service quick and friendly. It was upmarket bistro type food. There looked to be a good selection of beers from the Marlow brewery. A pleasant walk up a qiet lane from the river. P.S. read an internet review where the reviewer was complaining about the rip off mooring fees, £10, when you can get free moorings on the church land. The fee is actually a not unreasonable £5, collected by Steve of SRB, so I can only assume they were in a Dutch barge and so were charged double, but anybody know where the free church moorings are?

Thai restaurant in Cookham. Again fairly new. The food was excellent, probably the best Thai we have tried, and we will certainly return. Noticed that the Crown at Cookham has been refurbished since our last visit. It looks very comfortable and it was busy with food and drinks orders.

Boulters Inn - At the lock with a pontoon for mooring. We went to the upstairs bar. Excellent burger and a couple of decent ales available. Very nice location with big windows overlooking the river. The service was ok.

Marlow Bar and Grill - Excellent food and service. A very enjoyable lunch helped a bit by a nice bottle of Rose and a very acceptable glass of dessert wine

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast