Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Went to Windsor Marina for Tuesday night and on recommendation from a friend tried the Sun and Stars at Holyport, a short cab ride from the marina.

Very friendly and entertaining landlord, food excellent (must have been as SWMBO devoured hers and she had a tooth out earlier that day!).

Two starters, two mains, a pint, two medium Shiraz, two large Merlot and very nice coffee on tap. £71.45 all in.

Definitely be back

Out and about last week and enjoyed a number of dinners out.

Had a great lunch and diner at the Swan at Pangbourne and they let us moor overnight. Definitely recommend it great food and staff!

So good we even had breakfast there before we left

http://theswan-pangbourne.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Sulley View Post
    Out and about last week and enjoyed a number of dinners out.

Had a great lunch and diner at the Swan at Pangbourne and they let us moor overnight. Definitely recommend it great food and staff!

So good we even had breakfast there before we left

http://theswan-pangbourne.co.uk/
    Oooo the overnight is a winner! Specially as they even have signs up to say 'No'... I agree : good food and very friendly staff.... Beers not bad either.
    oops.....is the water supposed to be coming in there?

Quote Originally Posted by watson1959 View Post
    Oooo the overnight is a winner! Specially as they even have signs up to say 'No'... I agree : good food and very friendly staff.... Beers not bad either.
    They don't advertise the overnight as it allows them to be picky. We asked politely if it was possible and they said as long as we were not a party boat, it was just the two of us so ok.

They don't want Caversham hire boats full of stag or hen parties

Quote Originally Posted by Sulley View Post
    They don't advertise the overnight as it allows them to be picky. We asked politely if it was possible and they said as long as we were not a party boat, it was just the two of us so ok.

They don't want Caversham hire boats full of stag or hen parties
    Great tip! Thanks
    oops.....is the water supposed to be coming in there?

The Swan was always good for a sunny afternoon!

Default Maliks Cookham.

We stopped at Cookham overnight on our way back from the ATYC rally. Had a takeaway from Maliks. Great meal at a good price. Staff friendly. Definately recommend.

That pub by the bridge at Windsor .. The riverside ?

An age for a table despite booking and confirming .. Moving tables so we are by the river and not inside ( which is what I booked )

Starter ok bread olives and oil then the real test , the pub burger ..

Rubbish roll over cooked and 15 quid BUT very tasty with good chips and a decent salad not out a packet.

60 quid for two burgers two wines two shandys and some bread .. Still undecided on value but will take a while before I go back.

Default Lechlade - Monicas Plaice

This fish and chip shop in Lechlade has a corny name but sells great F&C. Also proper donner kebabs, cut from one of those revolving lumps of re-constituted sheep meat. Yum!

They also have an area with tables and waitress service which I have only recently realised is licensed. I can't think of anywhere else where my wife, son and I can out out, seated, coke for them, a beer for me and still receive change from £20!

Default Riverside Brasserie

Excellent lunch. Trying hard to have the common touch. Great Sunday lunch with good service, but watch the wine prices. Would def go back . . .

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast