Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chill View Post
    Any reviews for Boulters Restaurant & Bar, also the new moorings look good, is there plenty of depth and do they make an overnight charge for these

Chill
    Food and servcie is good, but the coffee is REALLY expensive! Only been on foot unfortunately, I'll be interested in comments on depth as may give it a go one day next week.

I would hope they don't charge for overnight!!

Default Swan Pangbourne

Run by French staff - Greene King - but well kept Greene King do tell them to unscrew the pump sparkler. Food very good value for money (for the Thames) recommend their House Burgers. Moorings for two small or one big. Easy walk from Pangbourne meadows - cross the road as you leave the car park and follow the path then turn right at the road - ten minutes from the moorings.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
    Run by French staff - Greene King - but well kept Greene King do tell them to unscrew the pump sparkler. Food very good value for money (for the Thames) recommend their House Burgers. Moorings for two small or one big. Easy walk from Pangbourne meadows - cross the road as you leave the car park and follow the path then turn right at the road - ten minutes from the moorings.
    Just don't have a steak, they're overpriced and undersized.

Quote Originally Posted by Brayman View Post
    Food and servcie is good, but the coffee is REALLY expensive! Only been on foot unfortunately, I'll be interested in comments on depth as may give it a go one day next week.

I would hope they don't charge for overnight!!
    We have been eating at Boulters quite a lot this year, service is always excellent and food in my opinion good and reasonably priced.

Despite promises to have the new pontoons dredged I am given to understand there is some delay as the river bed may be toxic, therefore test have to be done!! My wife has had some email correspondence with Paul, who is a Director, and I know he keeps an eye on the Forum so hopefully he will be along with a full explanation.

The area around both sides of the pontoon is shallow, however if you proceed up the weir stream and sweep back in facing downstream, staying as close to Boulters Inn as possible, it is do-able. We draw 3ft 6in. The fun then starts after a few glasses of Pinot in backing out into the weirstream

I'll look forward to trying that then!

Thats a lot of draught! Are you sure your bilge pumps* are working?

*I'll bet you have a few LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jecuk View Post
    The Cheerful Soul in The Hare and Hounds
    Preferred it under previous owner. Big revamp after Blanc acquired, service a bit patchy. Been empty when we have been recently.

A friend who used to work at our local french restaurant has just started as head chef at the The Hare and Hounds. Very good chef if his cuisine in our local is anything to go by.

Will be paying him a visit very soon.
    I think therefore I am, I'm pink therefore I'm spam!

The Greene Oak - Oakley Green not far from Bray and Windsor MDL Marinas but you will need to go by car or taxi.

Truly excellent set 2/3 course lunch menu yesterday for £12/£15
    Last edited by boatone; 03-08-10 at 11:26.

Default Dredging scheduled for any day now

Hi Everybody,
    Many thanks for your continuing support, kind reviews and interest in Boulters.

I can confirm that the EA granted our license to dredge last week. Contractors have been appointed and we are expecting them to carry out the works before the end of August when they manage to get the plant to site.

We will be going to 2 metres but if anybody has any feedback on that depth and needs more please let me know.

I can only apologise that it has taken so long to get this sorted; there is no problem with the riverbed but Maidenhead locals may well be aware of the complicated scenario that we have been navigating our way through surrounding riverbank and riverbed ownership.

The new Brasserie menu is being very well received so I look forward to seeing you all very soon.
    Warm regards
    Paul Dennis
    Director

PS - If the anti goose pontoon sprinkler is on when you visit call us on 01628 621291 and we'll send somebody out to turn it off!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pauldennis View Post
    I can confirm that the EA granted our license to dredge last week. Contractors have been appointed and we are expecting them to carry out the works before the end of August when they manage to get the plant to site.

We will be going to 2 metres but if anybody has any feedback on that depth and needs more please let me know.
    Thats great news Paul and 2 metres will do nicely - much more than available most places upriver.

can only apologise that it has taken so long to get this sorted; there is no problem with the riverbed but Maidenhead locals may well be aware of the complicated scenario that we have been navigating our way through surrounding riverbank and riverbed ownership.
    No need to apologise - quite frankly I'm amazed that you've managed to work your way through the sludge and silt to get this far - well done !

That is good news, but a bit late for me I'm afraid, I was planning on making it down on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week but with my 1.2 metre draught I'll have to wait.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast