Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pauldennis View Post
    Hi Everybody,
    Many thanks for your continuing support, kind reviews and interest in Boulters.

I can confirm that the EA granted our license to dredge last week. Contractors have been appointed and we are expecting them to carry out the works before the end of August when they manage to get the plant to site.

We will be going to 2 metres but if anybody has any feedback on that depth and needs more please let me know.

I can only apologise that it has taken so long to get this sorted; there is no problem with the riverbed but Maidenhead locals may well be aware of the complicated scenario that we have been navigating our way through surrounding riverbank and riverbed ownership.

The new Brasserie menu is being very well received so I look forward to seeing you all very soon.
    Warm regards
    Paul Dennis
    Director

PS - If the anti goose pontoon sprinkler is on when you visit call us on 01628 621291 and we'll send somebody out to turn it off!!!!

Thats great news Paul, be sure to post on here when the dredging work has been done. I am looking forward to visiting with our new boat

Chill
    You dont need eyes to see you need vision.

But at least there should be plenty of depth for our do there later this year Ian.

Try the OTT at Bourne End marina...............21 of us went on Saturday night, had great food 3 courses well presented, well served, hot plates(even the salad, all for £19.65 plus service. Cant fault it . I know its a pain mooring there on a busy Saturday night, but we went up on 1 boat from Bell Rope Meadow...........some of you eagle eyed, or pie eyed, may have noticed us.
    I must however, agree with Byron, Ashmount House, even in the wet and cold, is a very nice spot. Thanks goodness for Eberspacher !!

Default swan hotel staines

Altho' we have used the Swan Hotel below Staines bridge for many years we strongly objected recently to being hassled on arrival for mooring payment irrespective of being told that the charge of £10 would be offset on our evening meal bill. Complaints to the Managing Director of Fullers resulted in semi-literate responses to the effect that our suggestion that they should have a notice identifying this commitment and that could be liable for damage to vessels as a consequence of their poor mooring facilities have never been followed through.

Default Oakley Court Hotel Bar - Windsor

Noticed that the Oakley Court have live jazz in the bar on Friday evenings with food available from 7pm to 9:30pm so thought we would give it a try last Friday and drove down from Bray marina.

Regrettably we were not impressed. The jazz was pleasant enough - a keyboard/drums/bass trio - but the food was less than acceptable. Swmbo had a Crocqe Monsieur and I had the Oakley Court Club sandwich. Both seemed less than freshly prepared - the bacon in the club was more noticeable by its absence. Also, the club had some strange mash of egg, chicken and mayonnaise which was really not that nice. A bill for £30 including a couple of drinks was not unexpected but certainly didn't feel we had value for money.

Should I have complained?
    Last edited by boatone; 09-08-10 at 10:01.

Quote Originally Posted by 534l4rk View Post
    Altho' we have used the Swan Hotel below Staines bridge for many years we strongly objected recently to being hassled on arrival for mooring payment irrespective of being told that the charge of £10 would be offset on our evening meal bill. Complaints to the Managing Director of Fullers resulted in semi-literate responses to the effect that our suggestion that they should have a notice identifying this commitment and that could be liable for damage to vessels as a consequence of their poor mooring facilities have never been followed through.
    We've stopped their a few times and I think the £10.00 charge is a good idea as it means that we can mostly get on the moorings now, instead of people parking up and either eating on-board or going across the bridge into Staines itself. The pontoon is very basic, but never had a problem there. In the end, the mooring is free if you are eating/ drinking there... We had been mobbed on one occasion but we just told them to wait until we got ourlseves sorted, and the last time we went we weren't asked to pay anything.

The Ferry: Cookham.

Food still pretty tasty, and not bad value, but service seems to have gotten a little tardy to say the least!

I'll give them one more go in a few weeks perhaps....

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pauldennis View Post

PS - If the anti goose pontoon sprinkler is on when you visit call us on 01628 621291 and we'll send somebody out to turn it off!!!!
    Hi There's a very good permanent solution to the goose poo problem - just been been done on the pontoons at Bargewalk with 100% success - give Geoff the owner of Bargewalk a ring
    http://bargewalk.co.uk/index.php
    Geoff Cook
    020 8398 5995
    info@bargewalk.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by tedkay View Post
    Hi There's a very good permanent solution to the goose poo problem
    An air rifle?

Default Chequers, Marlow

Spent two nights in Marlow last week and having read in a recent CAMRA magazine that the Chequers had re-opened thought we'd give it a try. It now tops our list for Marlow, especially as our second night was spent in our previous favourite, the Two Brewers.

The Chequers is a speciality steak restaurant where they have the meat on show and you pick which cut and what size before they cook it for you. The fish dishes were good too. It's only been open three weeks so some of the staff are a bit green, others are top notch.

Afraid Boulters lost out because their restaurant isn't open Tuesday evenings, just as well as we would have been even more drenched if we'd made it down there.

After the Chequers, the Two Brewers was disappointing.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast