Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by richardm47 View Post
    Hi Activesail

From our current Solent base, I'm planning to get to the W coast of Scotland by the end of the 2011 season. I'm allowing lots of time to cruise the Irish coast on the way. So I'd be interested in joining your cruise to Ireland. Is it still a possibility?
    I thought this thread had quietly disappeared, really surprised to see it back on the first page.
    I have an interested person to cruise with and yes. I will be interested in others joining.
    If you would like to send me a private message, Richard, we could perhaps put together an itinerary and date for next year.

The same applies to anyone else who may be interested.
    Cheers Martin.

I have proposed a "Celtic 8" rally in the past but few takers. Up the Irish Sea, round the North of Scotland, through the Caledonian Canal and down the west cost of Ireland and around the Scilly Isles. It would include certain obligatory detours such as Strangford Lough and other similar scenic areas. There could be any number of rallying points depending on where boats are based.

Any takers now?

"Earlier this year I went to Watermouth and Dunmore east."

Do you mean Waterford?

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post

Do you mean Waterford?
    Yes, I have made the same mistake a number of times! It must be old age. I often use Watermouth to wait for the tide to Cardiff and have told people in the past that I have just come from Waterford!
    Allan

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post

Do you mean Waterford?
    I believe the Tall Ships are starting from Waterford 2011.Just starting to think about next years cruise but possibly will be up for round Britain,taking in Tall ships where we can.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    Yes, I have made the same mistake a number of times! It must be old age. I often use Watermouth to wait for the tide to Cardiff and have told people in the past that I have just come from Waterford!
    Allan
    I have often wondered, this year, why you keep going on about how good the craic is, how cheap the diesel is, and how easy it is to down a gallon of guinness in Watermouth.

Col-it-is is offline Registered User

I am wintering my boat in New Ross this year (just up from Waterford). Sailed to Cork from Scillies and only done a bit of exploring of Glandore, Kinsale, etc and planning more extended cruising further West - possibly all the way round and then to home port Conwy - next Spring/Summer. So not around for crossing to Ireland but if there is something going on to which I could join in, I'd like to try and do so.

Default Pm me..please.

There is quite a lot of interest building for this proposal. I am also generating some interest in my own cruising club at Portishead.

I am considering a proposal for a group sail or rally to coincide with Cork Week. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

If you are really interested please PM me, so I can start to put some names and numbers together. Private e-mails may also be handy for quick communication.

Anyone using Facebook or Twitter can also join me on these social networking site. Just Google Activesail to find me.

I really hope we can make this happen in 2011!!

Col-it-is is offline Registered User

I think you'll find Cork Week is only every other year and, since it happened in 2010, don't think there is anything in 2011.

skodster is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by activesail View Post
    I sailed to Kilmore Quay, a delightful little fishing harbour. Sadly with a diminishing fishing fleet.
    YAY!!! - More moorings! (only joking you fishy types)
    http://www.minibella.co.uk jewellery for little girls!