Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: davits

hlb is offline Registered User

Default davits

how would you feel if badly damged davits (raggie, ok anyone could have done this) backed into them at speed, bashed them and 4,000 insurance job for the repair. And the job yet to be finished, only to see them (many thanks for the formuite who told us, for this BIG THANKS) That they are now for sale on e bay, thats after we asked for the damaged davits back & told, naw, not worth it boat mender said "I'll just put them in the skip".

I've sent a message on e bay to the boat mender.

Debs said that. Just pissed off with all menders in Wales. They just all seem to be time wasters and tell lies. Nothing seems to happen in Wales, except the dole.

Even Debs is now thinking of going back to Devon/ Cornwall. Yes it's a long drive.

BlueLancer is offline Registered User

Deduct what he gets from the bill or report him to the Police its theft.
    I did not say it was your fault, I am just blaming you

I'd have thought the damaged davits belong to the insurance company. Maybe they gave them to the mender, or asked the mender to sell them. Maybe you should tell your insurer that they have some money coming their way - they just need to get it from the mender!

PCUK is offline Registered User

Also report them to Ebay. They do actually take a dim view of dodgy deals if it is quite obvious.

Thought I'd posted this before. But anyway.

The menders lad was round first thing this morning. Trying to fit the wood blocks with the old bits of metal, which were not long enough for the new davits. I've been trying to get back to what I had before for three months. Not asking a lot. Just fit the old blocks on the new davits, so the dinghy dont swing about. Just a few minutes job.

I've listened to every argument. I dont want the blocks fitting. New steel is expensive. It's been raining.

Afraid I gave the lad a few choice words. However, he was back a few minutes later, with the old davits and a promise to get the job finished tomorrow.

Philiz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by hlb View Post
    Thought I'd posted this before. But anyway.

The menders lad was round first thing this morning. Trying to fit the wood blocks with the old bits of metal, which were not long enough for the new davits. I've been trying to get back to what I had before for three months. Not asking a lot. Just fit the old blocks on the new davits, so the dinghy dont swing about. Just a few minutes job.

I've listened to every argument. I dont want the blocks fitting. New steel is expensive. It's been raining.

Afraid I gave the lad a few choice words. However, he was back a few minutes later, with the old davits and a promise to get the job finished tomorrow.
    Nice one!
    'I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered! My life is my own!'

Quote Originally Posted by Philiz View Post
    Nice one!
    Well it's not all good news. After some one blabbed about them being on Ebay, I now have a pair of duff davits sat on the pontoon, so have to get a trolly and then try to get them in the car some how.

Philiz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by hlb View Post
    Well it's not all good news. After some one blabbed about them being on Ebay, I now have a pair of duff davits sat on the pontoon, so have to get a trolly and then try to get them in the car some how.
    There's just no pleasing some folk! Take 'em home, hit 'em with an hammer and stick 'em on Ebay!
    'I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered! My life is my own!'

Quote Originally Posted by Philiz View Post
    Take 'em home, hit 'em with an hammer and stick 'em on Ebay!
    Or put them back on and ram back into the yacht from the other side