Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Seastar's Avatar
    Seastar is offline Registered User
    Location : West Sussex UK
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    67

    Question How to search the Small Ships Register

    Just notice that my SSR Registration has expired and no renewal received so I thought I would take a look at the registry!
    There doesn't appear to be any search facility only "NEW" registrations. I used the forum search to try and resolve the problem (SSR has 0 hits!) and found references to searching the small ship register to check for mortgages etc, but no information as to how to do this.
    Is there any search function out there for the SSR?
    Google supplied a link that can search for big ships but not SSR!
    Thanks

  2. #2
    colvic987 is offline Registered User
    Location : north west england
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,385

    Default

    Ring them up on monday morning, they will tell you everything you need to know, especially the cost of renewal and where to send it to. renewal 25 i think. I rang last month as i couldn't find mine and wasn't sure when it was due, nice lady told me when it was due to expire and cost.

    They should have sent you a renewal form to fill in and send back.
    Last edited by colvic987; 04-09-10 at 19:38.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seastar View Post
    Just notice that my SSR Registration has expired and no renewal received so I thought I would take a look at the registry!
    There doesn't appear to be any search facility only "NEW" registrations. I used the forum search to try and resolve the problem (SSR has 0 hits!) and found references to searching the small ship register to check for mortgages etc, but no information as to how to do this.
    Is there any search function out there for the SSR?
    Google supplied a link that can search for big ships but not SSR!
    Thanks
    no registry of mortgages with ssr

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seastar View Post
    Just notice that my SSR Registration has expired and no renewal received so I thought I would take a look at the registry!
    There doesn't appear to be any search facility only "NEW" registrations. I used the forum search to try and resolve the problem (SSR has 0 hits!) and found references to searching the small ship register to check for mortgages etc, but no information as to how to do this.
    Is there any search function out there for the SSR?
    Google supplied a link that can search for big ships but not SSR!
    Thanks
    You should find it on the http://www.itu.int/online/mms/mars/ship_search.sh.

    The forum search facility doesn't work with three character search terms such as "SSR".
    Just yer average Neanderthal

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    6,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elton View Post
    No you won't. The MARS database is for getting VHF/MMSI/Call sign info. It is on the ITU web site which is based in Geneva and is international. It will not give SSR details.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    No you won't. The MARS database is for getting VHF/MMSI/Call sign info. It is on the ITU web site which is based in Geneva and is international. It will not give SSR details.
    Quite true of course.
    Just yer average Neanderthal

  7. #7
    colvic987 is offline Registered User
    Location : north west england
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elton View Post
    Quite true of course.
    50/50. The mars database will give the ssr number of the boat in question, but no more ssr information than that.

  8. #8
    vyv_cox's Avatar
    vyv_cox is offline Registered User
    Location : North Wales, sailing Aegean Sea or Menai Strait
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    15,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colvic987 View Post
    Ring them up on monday morning, they will tell you everything you need to know, especially the cost of renewal and where to send it to. renewal 25 i think. I rang last month as i couldn't find mine and wasn't sure when it was due, nice lady told me when it was due to expire and cost.
    The last time I spoke to them was a long time ago but I found them remarkably pleasant and helpful. They were able to tell me detail of previous owners of the boat I was buying that even the then current owner did not know. This despite a boat name change.
    Answers to some technical queries at http://coxengineering.sharepoint.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    6,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colvic987 View Post
    50/50. The mars database will give the ssr number of the boat in question, but no more ssr information than that.

    Assuming the owner put it on his ships licence application in the first place. The MARS database is collated from information sent to it by Ofcom.

  10. #10
    colvic987 is offline Registered User
    Location : north west england
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    Assuming the owner put it on his ships licence application in the first place. The MARS database is collated from information sent to it by Ofcom.
    100% back to you then, you are quite correct in that statement.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •