Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossing plans

seconded, 69 and thoughts of Tome,

69 it shall be then ...

Default Current Plan.

If the weather calms down as predicted we'll be getting on the boat tomorrow evening and leaving the mooring as early as SHMBO permits (target 04:00) on Thursday morning heading straight to Cherbourg. Plan B is to and lurk in Bembridge for a day and join the fleet on Friday morning. See you all there.
    ۞

If you head out thursday morning we should catch you up mid Channel by lunchtime Friday ....

Quote Originally Posted by fireball View Post
    If you head out thursday morning we should catch you up mid Channel by lunchtime Friday ....
    You should be grateful we're doing our usual service of going out straight after the bad weather to knock all the lumpy bits off the sea and smooth things out for those who cross after us.

And I wouldn't be too sure if I was you, that scrub was back in July and I know you use that cheap and nasty antifouling/weed fertiliser. (Still all that growth will help hold the keel on). Whereas we're in racing trim (with a broken and jury rigged kecking strap to prove it) and fresh from a 3rd place on Saturday only 25 seconds behind the winner on corrected time!
    ۞

Quote Originally Posted by DJE View Post
    fresh from a 3rd place on Saturday only 25 seconds behind the winner on corrected time!
    3rd out of ... 3? and the other two lost their rigs you say .... ah .. ok

3rd of nine old boy. Lost rigs?? Oh yes there were a couple of Bavs in the fleet now I come to think of it.
    ۞

Can't be - we just drop our keels off to go faster down wind! ...

Well - looks like you should get a good crossing ... NW winds F4-5 ... and a bit more than we're gonna get on Friday ... http://www.weatherweb.net/swchannel.pdf

Just don't empty the Wine Merchants before Roger gets there ...

Detailed planning suggests that going via St Vaast might seriously reduce booze-buying time in Cherbourg so we will probably shift our plans to depart from Chi straight to Cherbourg aiming to leave Chi Harbour around 05:00 - 06:00