Thread: St Vaast

Default St Vaast

As the tides look fair for St Vaast for the first time for years I was thinking of heading there on Friday. Anyone else considering the stop?

Quote Originally Posted by bedouin View Post
    As the tides look fair for St Vaast for the first time for years I was thinking of heading there on Friday. Anyone else considering the stop?
    Might do but depends upon up channel progress/weather
    Dinner without wine is like summer without sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by bedouin View Post
    I want to go but what is the earliest we can leave St Vaast on Saturday to go with the tide to Cherbourg.

I need to buy beer & wine for the (hopefully) good weather wine & nibbles pontoon gathering on the sat afternoon.

No almanac in office!

Quote Originally Posted by Sailfree View Post
    I want to go but what is the earliest we can leave St Vaast on Saturday to go with the tide to Cherbourg.

I need to buy beer & wine for the (hopefully) good weather wine & nibbles pontoon gathering on the sat afternoon.

No almanac in office!
    Very roughly the tide runs East for about the first two hours of the gate opening then it turns West. Gate opens Saturday morning at 05:44 French time and closes at 10:16.
    ۞

It is a good weekend for St Vaast as you can leave at a reasonable time in the morning and get to Cherbourg for lunch.

The problem being that one evening is not really enough to do justice to St Vaast.

St Vaast was of course the destination of the first cross channel cruise under the PBO/Scuttlebutt banner, but I suspect only one other person remembers that

Quote Originally Posted by DJE View Post
    Very roughly the tide runs East for about the first two hours of the gate opening then it turns West. Gate opens Saturday morning at 05:44 French time and closes at 10:16.
    Thanks, We will try for St Vaast then weather permitting.