Default Wreck on sands near Nash Point?

Whilst walking along the beach from Nash Point towards Cwm Nash / Monknash I came across this. It certainly looks like the remains of an old wreck. Two separate sites a short distance apart. Approx. 200m from the cliffs and about half-way between the two points of land. Anybody know what this might be??

Default wreck

could be left overs overs of the "bp driver" that was blown on there many years ago??

http://www.severntales.co.uk/bp-explorer-disaster.html
    Last edited by solitaire11; 10-09-10 at 20:38.

Well that ship was well and truly jinxed!! Interesting story. Didn't know that vessels that large actually went inside the Nash Sands! The mind boggles. Anyway, thanks for that. Could be parts of the wreck that presumably broke-up over the years.

Any other suggestions?

Default Wreck on Sands near Nash Point

Not sure of the name. However, I can remember about 40 to 50 years ago walking down to that part of the coast to see a grounded ship. Perhaps looking at the archives of local papers may reveal her name and type.
    Fair winds,
    Lancelot

Here
    Scroll down tha article
    http://www.severntales.co.uk/bp-explorer-disaster.html
    edit-sorry missed the link above
    Last edited by Csail; 11-09-10 at 05:03.

Quote Originally Posted by lancelot View Post
    Not sure of the name. However, I can remember about 40 to 50 years ago walking down to that part of the coast to see a grounded ship. Perhaps looking at the archives of local papers may reveal her name and type.
    Fair winds,
    Lancelot
    Yes, I can remember my father taking us to see a grounded ship along there somewhere. From Google searches I can only find the BP tanker barge story. All others are quite ancient, were re-floated, and/or involve the Nash Sands themselves. Still as sands move, I suppose this wreckage could have shifted with time.

Tonybarebones will probably know (he knows everything ) but it looks like he's away right now.

Default Wreck on Nash Sands

Many thanks to Solitaire and C Sail for the links. I can vividly remember my dad taking me down to see the ship. I am sure it was Nash Point/Wick area. The date seems to fit when I was looking at it. In fact, it is brilliant to read the story of the disaster, very interesting.
    At Sker Point (area) lies parts of the wreckage of the San Tampa (not sure of the spelling) which has an interesting story, although tragic. The bits can be seen at low tide and I think there is a plaque there. I am sure there must be a book about these wrecks in the Bristol Channel. Does anyone know?
    Fair winds,
    Lancelot.