Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Morning after..

Hybrid View

Tribute is offline Registered User

Default Morning after..

Well I think everyone had a brilliant time. How's everyones heads? I came round this morning and discovered I had left a moody 54 for a 34footer at the end of the pontoon. Names are not mentioned to protect the guilty of there crimes of drunken behaviour we are all suffering greatly!

duncan is offline Registered User

indeed -

for some bizarre reasons I ended up leaving many hours before I had originally planned - and am sitting here back home in Kent already!

have to admit it was great fun and everyone seemed to enter into a great spirit

hope everyone had the conditions they wanted for the trip back - they weren't my choice though...and I am not sure my passenger was being entirely honest with his view on the trip either (delivered safely though)
    Last edited by duncan; 19-09-10 at 17:45.

We slipped our lines at 06.30, picked up our mooring in Portland at a little after 16.00. It was a lively crossing to say the least.

We slipped at 5am (UK time) and exactly 12 hours later we picked up our mooring in Chichester ... happy enough with that

Left at 04.30 UK time and entered he needles 8hrs later, our fastest crossing ever especially considering we started with practically no wind and motoring at 6kts, Ended up reaching with 20+ kts of wind - fantastic sail at 8-9 kts most of the time even after we took in 2 reefs on the genoa and 1 on the main to help those of the crew suffering from sore heads - both from alcohol and from a game of spoons.

Trust everyone else has/had a good journey home.
    Last edited by Sailfree; 19-09-10 at 21:45.

Default What a day!

Fab - 8.5hrs to Poole..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPQKt...e_gdata_player

Thanks to all, ESP Roger!

Quote Originally Posted by Foster's View Post
    Well I think everyone had a brilliant time. How's everyones heads? I came round this morning and discovered I had left a moody 54 for a 34footer at the end of the pontoon. Names are not mentioned to protect the guilty of there crimes of drunken behaviour we are all suffering greatly!
    Flapjack? When we left at 2am we noticed you were all still going strong.

Thanks to all (especially LiR) for an A1 weekend, will post some images during the week when I've caught up on some sleep.

Thanks to the organisers for a great weekend!

Our heads are just fine, thanks. We left at a humane hour, passing out of Cherbourg Harbour and getting on our course about 09:00 BST. We motored leisurely for an hour while having breakfast in the cockpit. By then the wind had gotten up to where we like it and we raised sail and reached all the way across. A great sailing wind, about 20 knots most of the way. We had a reef in the main to balance the helm but all the rest of the canvas was out. 7 1/2 hours to anchor down in Studland Bay.

We dodged no ships (a Channel crossing first for me). And we saw a surfaced submarine (ditto).

Quote Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
    And we saw a surfaced submarine
    We saw some sort of Fleet Auxiliary tarting about going in all directions to our East (S of IOW). Maybe it was playing with the Sub? Unusual for a Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyInBed View Post
    We saw some sort of Fleet Auxiliary tarting about going in all directions to our East (S of IOW). Maybe it was playing with the Sub? Unusual for a Sunday!
    It was RFA Argus:

http://www.shipais.com/shiptrail.php...&date=20100919