davel is offline Registered User

Default Raymarine (Autohelm) ST4000 Wheel Pilot

I'm posting this to hopefully help anyone looking for this information in future (via the search facility).

I've been looking for a replacement drive belt for my wheel autopilot. Others on the forum helpfully pointed me in the direction of Beeline Engineering as a supplier of these belts and quoted a replacement part number. My thanks to those individuals for their help but I now want to add some further clarifying information for the benefit of others in the future.

The ST 4000 Wheel Autopilot comes in two versions - the Mk I and the Mk II.

The Mk I version has a black wheel drive ring. The Raymarine part number is D169 but this appears to be no longer available. The replacement belt is a SYNCHROFLEX AT5/750 and is 9mm wide. Beeline stock this belt and will cut it to the required width so make sure you tell them you want a 9mm belt.

The Mk II version has a grey wheel drive ring. The Raymarine part number is A18083 but this appears to be no longer available. The replacement belt is a Gates PowerGrip 506XL050.

Both belts are available from Beeline Engineering who I have found to be incredibly helpful.
    They can be contacted on 01908 222999 or at http://www.beeline.co.uk.

I have no connection with Beeline - just a satisfied customer.

Hope this is of use to others either now or in the future.
    Dave L.

Default Autohelm spares

I bought a replacement belt for the black Autohelm 4000 three weeks ago from Raymarine, so mat be they have them again.

Default Raymarine (Autohelm) ST4000 Wheel Pilot

In case there are any other laggards out there like me desperately trying to extend life of old wheel pilot, glad to say replacement belts still available from
    www.beeline.co.uk for mighty sum of 13.75. Ask for 9mm Synchroflex A5/750. 9mm not standard so best to stress when ordering.
    Great service. Same day dispatch

Unhappy Autohelm Belt

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    I'm posting this to hopefully help anyone looking for this information in future (via the search facility).

I've been looking for a replacement drive belt for my wheel autopilot. Others on the forum helpfully pointed me in the direction of Beeline Engineering as a supplier of these belts and quoted a replacement part number. My thanks to those individuals for their help but I now want to add some further clarifying information for the benefit of others in the future.

The ST 4000 Wheel Autopilot comes in two versions - the Mk I and the Mk II.

The Mk I version has a black wheel drive ring. The Raymarine part number is D169 but this appears to be no longer available. The replacement belt is a SYNCHROFLEX AT5/750 and is 9mm wide. Beeline stock this belt and will cut it to the required width so make sure you tell them you want a 9mm belt.

The Mk II version has a grey wheel drive ring. The Raymarine part number is A18083 but this appears to be no longer available. The replacement belt is a Gates PowerGrip 506XL050.

Both belts are available from Beeline Engineering who I have found to be incredibly helpful.
    They can be contacted on 01908 222999 or at http://www.beeline.co.uk.

I have no connection with Beeline - just a satisfied customer.

Hope this is of use to others either now or in the future.
    On the strength of this I bought a Gates PowerGrip 506XL050. It is about 650mm in circumference and far too big for the Autohelm 4000 but sooner than throw it away it is free to anyone plus postage.

Default Kind Offer

Is the belt still on offer? I found your post while looking for a new belt.