Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cox & Haswell Rapier 3100

Hello, I have recently purchased a Rapier 3100, Miss Dignity and am preparing for some work over the winter. Some woody stuff but mostly swapping the engines for 6bt's.

I am aware of another Rapier at Chertsey Meads which is having some extensive work done - I have the owners contact details.

Also, I am aware of Pegasus and Spring Equinox although I have never seen these in the flesh. Would like to see Pegasus as this also has 6bt's in it I believe.

Just thinking that it might be quite useful to get all owners of these classics to keep in touch as I believe they are getting quite rare nowadays.

Any owners or knowledge of owners then please pm me or email me on steve@mayoregent.com

Thanks

Smile Miss Dignity

Hi. Lovely to hear the old girl (the first Rapier 31 built) is still going. We use to own Pegasus between approx 1973 and 1989, and they were both moored in Christchurch, where they were built.
    Would love to see some pictures of Mis Dignity.
    You state you know of Pegasus, have you any idea where she is now. I use to know up until a bout 3 years ago, but would love to make contact with her current owners.
    Please feel free to drop me a line at paul.caddick@virginmedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cad692 View Post
    Hi. Lovely to hear the old girl (the first Rapier 31 built) is still going. We use to own Pegasus between approx 1973 and 1989, and they were both moored in Christchurch, where they were built.
    Would love to see some pictures of Mis Dignity.
    You state you know of Pegasus, have you any idea where she is now. I use to know up until a bout 3 years ago, but would love to make contact with her current owners.
    Please feel free to drop me a line at paul.caddick@virginmedia.com
    I am pretty sure I surveyed 'Pegasus' in Dartmouth some time in the mid nineties, and then did another one aslo in Dartmouth but can trecall the name. Pegasus was in very good condition the other had a few issues but i think she was put right by the new owner. No idea where they are now.

Burgundyben, might be the guy to contact, he is into fast wooden motorboats, I know he owns a fairey, but may be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ccscott49 View Post
    Burgundyben, might be the guy to contact, he is into fast wooden motorboats, I know he owns a fairey, but may be helpful.
    Hello Scotty.

I dont really know much of the Rapier, sorry.

Default Pegasus

Hi
    My parents owned Pegasus until about 4 or 5 years ago. They spent a fortune and she is in a pretty good state with the new owner keeping up the good work. Yes, she has 6BTs. They are about 230hp and she did about 30-odd knots with some chine riding above 25. I saw her last summer on the Hamble on a river mooring. Although I have been in touch with the new owner a few times I don't know if that is her permanent berth.
    The accomodation and space is good for a boat that size.
    Good luck with the project
    cheers Jonathan

Hi, could you help me get in touch with the owners of Pegasus as I am very keen to see how the upright Cummins engines fit given that the front mountings setup will need to be different from the standard horizontal perkins setup?

Default Starting a website

Hello, thought I would start a small website to record details of the boats. The site is very sparse at present but I hope to get more information on soon

http://boat.mayoregent.com

Pegasus is currently ashore at Universal on the Hamble.

Thanks for that, I shall make the journey down to see her. BurgundyBen do you still have the Cascover brochure that you mention on a post several years ago? It would be great to have a read. Thanks in advance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast